View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #203
ColoradoCarol

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Weigh in #2 this morning. Down 3.4 and 3.5 inches for a total of 9 lbs and 7 inches in 2 weeks. 7 inches I'm happy with, but 3 lbs! I misquoted my weight loss last week, it was 5.6 lbs not 5.8. I still feel great, clinic wanted me to stay away from WF still, which I'm ok with because I was hoping I'd hit the 10 lbs mark this week, kinda frustrated I didn't. No massage for me this week. Next week! I was hoping for 30-40 lbs in 2 months before I go see Lady Antebellum in March. Everyone keeps telling me my numbers are good, but the perfectionist in says I can do better.
Don't use "only" before weight loss. Any loss is a loss. You also need to set realistic goals for yourself. 40 lbs in 2 months is a lot. You would have to lose 5 lbs each week. You are most likely not going to have week 1 type of loss numbers every week. Just stick to the program and you will lose. Unfortunately it isn't ever fast enough, everyone feels that way. Your perfectionist self (I am totally a perfectionist too) needs to work the program correctly and stay on 100% OP and not be perfectionist about the amount of weight you lose each week. You are doing SUPER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
are you kidding? your losses are great. today was my 2nd WI and was down 0.6 lbs for a total of 4.6lbs in 2 weeks, you have nearly doubled that!

You have to be realistic about the weight loss. Your age, post meno, thyroid & gender all play a part, as well as, your starting weight. Keep up the good work, but don't expect "huge" losses every week, you will set yourself up for disappointment. YOU ARE doing GREAT!
Totally agree with Bellamack. If you pressure yourself too much you will set your self up for disappointment and that could affect your losses.

Fun in the Sun Summer Challenge

5.8 lost, 19.2 to go