Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #1  
vix

Default Getting Out of the 150s - all ages and diets welcome

Hi everyone!!

I was just in the 160s thread for all ages and diets and then struggled to find much activity on any threads for those in the 150s so I thought I would start a new thread for anyone who finds themselves in the same place as me.

The idea is to just share weigh-ins, NSVs, concerns, advice etc with each other while we make our way down towards our goal weights; the end is in sight but often it gets harder and harder the closer we get so I'd like for us to all be here to support each other on this tough part of the journey!
vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #2  
vix

ok well, I'll go first!

Weighed in today as I do every Friday now and I was super excited to see that I'm 157.2!! I've lost 1.8 this past week which puts me lower than my pre-Christmas weight of 158.2, so I've clawed back from the damage I did over the holidays, finally!

I'm keeping to my other goals for January too which are to do exercise every day, and as I went to the gym on December 31st to finish the year off right, I've completed 10 days straight of exercise and this evening I'm going to pilates to unwind a little after a hectic week at work.

I'm also eating better with more fresh fruit and veg, and I even made a stew yesterday for dinner which was delish! Having it for lunch today too!

Well, have a great weekend everyone and I hope hope hope I don't end up talking to myself as this is my first thread I've started but if any of you swing by over the weekend then... Welcome!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #3  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I am not quite ready to be here but, if I don't hit a stall, I anticipate joining you here by the end of next week.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #4  
vix

Hey shr1nk1ngme!! I hope you do get down to join me here, it's a little lonely at the moment! lol

Good luck for the rest of the week!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Vix, I'll join you! Getting the heck out of the 150s has been a long-term project for me, and I can't seem to wish myself there. I was drifting along in the low 150s until December and indulged myself right up to 156. I figured that if I was going to take that extra 5 off, I might as well go for 10 while I was at it.

I've been eating much better since late last week and am getting back into the swimming pool.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'll join you, at least for the moment. I haven't been doing any sort of rigorous diet. I usually do some kind of counting calories, although I have also done Atkins and low-carb hybrid.

But I have never been able to maintain. So, I am trying to find a WOE that I really can maintain and I know counting isn't part of that. I've dabbled with IF before but I've decided that fast days are not for me. I am too miserable on fast days and I end up mini-binging late on the day prior to a fast day. But I am trying an eating window with some success. I have to add on some additional restrictions (low-carbish), but it seems to be working and I think I can live with this WOE permanently. Here's hoping!

This morning I weighted in at 151.2. I was a bit lower before Xmas, but I gained a few pounds over the holidays. For me that was a victory, since I usually gain more than a few.

I'm surprised that there aren't more people interested in getting out of the 150's, but hopefully more will join in if they see the thread!

Last edited by yoyoma; 01-15-2014 at 11:28 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #7  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Glad you started this group I have been stuck between 158 and 160 for about four months now
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Down 0.5 (the smallest increment my scale measures). I can't say I've been "good" with my eating, but I can say I've been "better than I was". I'm hoping that my back will let me get back to being "better than I was" at exercise.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #9  
vix

Hey this is great!! Thank you all so much for joining!!

Welcome ICUwishing, yoyoma, WannaB2cute!!

Very close to the 140s yoyoma, I'm sure you'll be there in no time!! I imagine it's a kind of eating routine or diet but what does WOE stand for?

And well done ICUwishing, all those half a pounds add up!!

Everyone is doing so well!! And there's so much positive energy on this thread - love being a part of it!!

Well, weighed in today and I'm real happy!! Down to 154.8!! So that's a 2.4lb loss which is better than my average these last few weeks. Just under 20lbs to go now so I am hoping to have that down before summer starts, in the mean time my January goal to be 150 by the 31st still seems possible in 2 weeks.

I'm also keeping up my exercising daily which has been a struggle this week just for finding the time but it just means I haven't caught up on any TV this week so the weekend will be filled with series I think!

Happy Weekend Everyone!!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:36 AM   #10  

Hi everyone...

WOE stands for Way Of Eating. It's a general term that implies a life-long eating lifestyle rather than a temporary diet. So, WOE could be a diet such as calorie counting or Atkins adopted as a permanent WOE. I rock dieting, but I stink at maintaining and I've been searching for a WOE for weight loss that I can truly keep up as maintenance when I am at goal weight.

I weighed in this morning at 150.0(!). I ate out two days ago and I intentionally skipped weighing yesterday since I didn't want to see a big bump up. I expected I would still be up a little today, so that was a very pleasant surprise.

Being able to eat out without messing up my plan is a big plus for making this a permanent WOE. The other big factor is that even with the best of intentions, sooner or later I stop logging/counting/measuring so I know I need a WOE that does not require that. Since I haven't maintained on this lifestyle with success yet, I am not sure it will work, but I'm feeling very hopeful about it!

Last edited by yoyoma; 01-18-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Hey thread! I've been weighing Wednesdays and Saturdays. Last Saturday I weighed in at 154.5, then Wednesday I was at 154.

I had a pretty crummy week, missed one of my gym days, and yesterday I ate over my calorie goal in the evening, then went out with my roommate, had a few drinks, and went and devoured some drunk 2 AM breakfast (NOT a habit I'm in these days) so I was expecting the scale to not be so great this morning.

But somehow when I weighed in I'm at 153! So, down a pound and a half in the past week.

I'm eating around 1400-1500 calories a day (my magic number is 1560) and just trying to be high protein and high fiber and non-processed foods. I'm also going to the gym 5x/week, running and doing weight/resistance training.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #12  
Recovering Pantry Pest

I weigh using a tracked weekly average - though I weigh every day and record it. It really helps flatten out the swings that freak a lot of people out. I graph the weekly average and use moving control limits (yeah, I'm in quality). So, yesterday was my second weekly point and it was down 2.5. Which doesn't say much except how glad my body is to be eating better, really - cuz it is going to be a long slow haul from here.

My WOE is mostly unprocessed foods and pretty high levels of fat. Think Sally Fallon, Weston Price, etc. We make a lot of fermented veggies and can/preserve a huge amount of stuff. Time consuming, but oh so worth it. I'm one of those people for whom a calorie is not quite a calorie; my metabolism does some wonderful things with nuts, butter, avocados, cheese, coconut oils. As in, I can eat a whole heck of a lot of them. I can maintain very well around the 2400-2600 calorie mark as long as I stay out of the sugar.

Exercise is a weak link for me. I recently have been getting back to competitive swimming, which is the only form of exercise I actually enjoy and am decently good at. I am trying to consistently make it to practice 3 times a week, for 5 hours total a week. Other than that, I am just trying to consciously move more for now.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #13  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Well, I weighed in at 159.0 this morning, down .8 since two days ago.

It's only been three days, but I don't usually bounce back up, so I hope I am solidly in the 150's now.

Gonna walk with weights again tonight. It seems to be serving me well and I can feel myself getting stronger each time I do it. I am walking further and carrying more weights that ever. Maybe soon I will be ready to try C25K again.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:09 AM   #14  

Vix, delayed thanks for the welcome and starting the thread. Glad you're making good progress.

UA, your exercise rocks! Even if I can maintain at goal weight, I know I will always be flabby if I don't up my game (a lot!). I pretty much just walk and with the weather, lately there hasn't been so much of that. I do have a treadmill, though, so I just have to get back in the habit.

ICU, that sounds like a great way to help even out the bumps on the scale. It's a bit too much work for me though, since I don't even bother to write things down.

Shrinking, nice chart! I think you are more nearly monotonic than a lot of folks, but even you have had a few minor bumps up. But your chart really puts those in perspective.

I feel so lazy when I compare myself to all of you. But I will be a happy puppy if I can lose weight, even slowly, with my low-effort approach.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #15  
Vegetarian, Low carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
Shrinking, nice chart! I think you are more nearly monotonic than a lot of folks, but even you have had a few minor bumps up. But your chart really puts those in perspective.
That's only ONE of the reasons I so love my FitDay PC software. I have the old version. Its charts and graphs are extremely detailed and customizable AND it has a column for net carbs (most nutritional software doesn't). I have had it for years so by now I have a whole enormous database of custom foods and recipes... there are a million reasons why I love it better than MFP, LoseIt, or any other fitness application. The main liability is, it's the old version; it doesn't sync with the phone app or the online version.

I am extremely unwilling to "upgrade" to the new version even though the premium membership allows for syncing because I am sure in the newest version they have eliminated one of the most important features: net carbs. I can always calculate net carbs myself with simple subtraction in my head, but since it's the MAIN number I look at, it is so much better to have it displayed for me.

Edit: NVM I just found out they don't even HAVE an Android app, so that's a deal-breaker for me.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-19-2014 at 11:56 AM.