Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #1  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Default First meeting tomorrow...time for a change.

Hiyaaaa. After trying and failing at crash diets over the past few years I have decided its time for a sensible approach. I have my first WW meeting tomorrow and I am excited. I am going with a friend and we have signed up for classes at the gym. I was a member here a while ago but left because I had no will power. This is a new year and I want a new me. A holiday to Mexico, my future wedding and my gorgeous daughter are the best motivations I need. I have alot to lose and cant wait to jear your stories and advice. Rachel.xx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Yay good for you! I find it helps to have a friend to go with as well and to keep each other on track. Good luck
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #3  
Fighting the flab

Thanks I had my first meeting tonight and even though I was nervous everyone was lovely and all there for the same reason.no judging. I cant wait to work with ProPoints and I have my first zumba class on monday as well as a swim. Any advice would be great.x
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Great, welcome back and to WW! So glad your first meeting went well.

Advice? Well, meal planning (just for the day) would be great if you have the time to do it. It sucked a couple times when you run out of daily points and you have to dip in the weekly points, which normally would be fine but say if you had an event or party that you wanted to save weeklies on, you know. I definitely used a lot of weeklies when I first started out but as time went on, it got easier and basically became old hat. Oh, also don't worry too much about the GHG, no one is perfect. Some days you'll hit all of it, some days you won't. I was so much of a perfectionist when it came to that, stressing myself out unnecessarily until I realized that I only am asking myself for the best, not perfection.

I don't follow the program to a T, just a slight modification based on my experience and what I know works for me. I count any additional fruit after I've had the first 5 servings aside from vegetables. It rarely happens in my case though.

I just love WW- nothing is off limits.

Last edited by amandie; 01-09-2014 at 10:21 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Plan you days for sure, one day at a time. In the morning while I eat my breakfast, I plan my lunch and snacks. Then by dinner time I know exactly what I have left to use for the evening. That is what is the most successful for me. Always have a few snacks in the house, never run out or you will start sharking! (circling the kitchen in search of prey!)
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #6  
Fighting the flab

So far has been so good. First weigh in on thursday. Ive been ill the past couple of days but still kept up with the routine. Ive been using my ppints and finding I still have 10-15 left over each day which I dont use and ive cut out drinking completely and have done for 2 weeks now. Im not drinking for 14 weeks and im trhing not to use my extra weekly points at all until i go out for dinner on the 6th of march with my man for our 4th anniversary. Trying ro plan...easier said than done but still ppsitive.hows your diet going?xx
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #7  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

I've been doing the home plan, but it works for me. Just watch out that you don't go too far under points. It's been my experience that my body goes into starvation mode and nothing seems to budge. Daily planning works for me, too. I am a weekend drinker, so that is always something I have to save up pts for. I wish you lots of luck!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #8  
Fighting the flab

I had my weigh in yesterday and only lost 2lbs. Im gutted. I did so well all week too.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #9  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

You need to get rid of the the word "only" because 2lbs is great! It could be worse... You could have maintained! There are too many variables on why you "only" lost 2 pounds. It could be your time of the month coming up, salty food, starting a new exercise regimen (muscles hold water to repair themselves, it takes about 2-3 weeks for body to settle), etc. Give yourself a little more credit!

Did you think because you were under points everyday that you'd lose more? Not true. Stick to the plan and it will come off.

Celebrate every pound off. You'll be better for it, trust me.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote