South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chit Chat, 1/16

There's coffee here, come get yourself a cup!

It's snowing lightly here this morning but not amounting to anything. Just enough to make the roads interesting.

I'm helping Cindy to pack up her car, then she and girls are leaving for Vermont right after school, and I'm looking forward to having the next 4 days off.

to the Beach and our Daily Chat, Casie! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Long day of work, but I'm starting off with a good cup of coffee as well.

Time to get the kiddos up.

We leave for NC tomorrow....
Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. The only thing on my calendar today is that it's Garbage Day. I'm glad I shoveled a path from the front door to the lane so I don't have such a long lug to the road. Guess I'd better get to it as he usually is here shortly after 7:30!

Catch up later.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Cute pup.

Casie - Welcome.

I'm working a few hours today then getting my hair done. Eating has been okay except for these darn Kind bars that DH keeps buying. I'm glad he's joining me in my gluten-free trial but sure wish he'd decide to cut out sweets in the house too. Sigh. Okay, I just need to find my self-control. So, I'm committing - no Kind bars today!

Have a great day.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back! I just made it and had a wee chat with Steve as he picked it up. Always a good idea to chat with Township guys. He told me where I could gt some sand for my icy patches. One of the sanding trucks got stuck down a back road and had to dump his load to get out. I thanked him very much but somehow can's see myself shoveling sand - it was wet when dumped and would be frozen solid by now.

About the only "must" in my day will be to do a bank run. When in town I need to hit a hardware store as both the stopper thingies on my kitchen sink have been MIA since before Christmas. They probably got pitched out along with veggie peelings. I don't think I can do without them until the compost pile thaws.

Enjoy your Thursday and do something YOU want to do. Right now I am going to get another coffee and catch up on the news.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We slept too late and need to get cracking! It's up to the project. We have 4 days straight to see hi far we can get towards finishing.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage it is snowing here this morning as well, it was a surprise to me turned on the tv and reporter was outside in the snow so I looked out the window and sure enough wasn't bad commute though

Ruth sand might be a bit heavier to have to shovel

Tywnn have fun on your trip tommorrow

Karen my eating has been totally op but that darned scale does not want to move.

Debbie hope you get a lot accomplished at the project todya.

Today is more meetings and then a Happy Hour for one of my supervisors who is leaving, really hoping they will let me replace him. I will not drink but will have some water instead. DD2 made the volleyball team so she was excited now I have a slew of games I will need to make at 4 p.m. luckily it's a very short season they are done at the end of February.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 01-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Morning folks!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes, it's very thoughtful.

Today's another rousing day of find something to do. I think I'll clean the house (again), since Bill (DH) has decided he's not going to do any of the work I've left for him the past few days and frankly it's driving me insane. We're bound to have people over the house this weekend and tomorrow is a post-wide training holiday, so today's the only day to get it done before they all show up. Luckily it doesn't need to be spotless as they've seen it much messier!

We're lucky to not have to deal with snow where we are now. I know the feeling though, we're originally from New England. Keep warm everyone!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #9  

I guess I'll wish everyone a good afternoon since this is the first chance I've had to sit down at the computer all day. It's been one of those weeks...back & forth to the tire store getting a spare put on & then a replacement. Plus some interviews. I've been on the go a lot & not necessarily in places where I can eat easily so this has been a hard week for me because I've gotten into long lags between meals with all the run around. Most meals are on OP but then 1 thing off program will sneak in.

Anyway, glad everyone is doing OK and staying warm.

Sue
Old 01-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh chicks, we are leaving today. Apparently, DH's dad was put in the hospital this am, so we're leaving earlier than planned. I'm not going to be too paranoid about diet under the circumstances, but I am bringing some healthy snacks to keep my tummy happy .

Gratefully I have my super duper new smartphone, so I can still visit in the am or something. NOt too often, I got the cheapo plan!
Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone! I guess technically it is still afternoon but just barely. Today was busy: had to leave about 15 minutes early to get fasting bloodwork done before school. That certainly made me relish my coffee when I finally got it! And I packed a couple cheesecakes to eat at my desk. Work just seems really busy this year; maybe I'm getting less efficient in my old age. Somehow I always feel a little behind.

I have been doing well eating OP until after dinner. Somehow the surf and TV time calls for a snack and sweets are my downfall. I think I will make some bean brownies this weekend.

Tammy, hope your trip is safe and your FIL is ok.
Ruth, I'm pretty sure frozen sand is mighty heavy. Looks like another deep freeze coming next week.
Cottage, enjoy your days off!
Casie, welcome.
Sue, it is hard to stay OP when away from home. Packing snacks helps, but sometimes you just have to make the best choice.

to all the other chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-16-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chicks Tammy have a safe trip. I hope your FIL is going to be OK

Been going since 4:45 and feeling sleepy. Beth I enjoy my tv/snack time too. It has been a part of my "routine" since childhood so not an easy habit to break. instead of "depriving" myself this week I am having raw peppers and hummus. Sadly if I do not portion my hummus I could eat an entire container with just a spoon lol.

I am still adjusting to my new work days. I seem to be eating my meals too far apart and am getting headaches in the afternoon. I am in complete denial that I probably just need stronger reading glasses

Time to relax and call it a day. See everyone tomorrow
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Another long-feeling day for me. I think caching up on sleep will be a priority this weekend.

Safe travels Tammy
Closed Thread