Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 08:12 AM   #1  
Kool Kat

Can I just say one thing to let it all out at once? Ok, here it goes...

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Whoa, amazingly, I feel better!! Ok, not really.

Where'd everyone go!? Once again, I still am not doing well. I must get on the ball, however, because I'm going to Myrtle Beach in mid-july. I'd like to be down to 200 at least. It may not be realistic, especially since it hurts to move much right now, but it's still my goal.

Ok, let me know how you guys are doing!!

Hope to hear from you!

Seren Dee
Old 04-29-2001, 09:37 AM   #2  
Kool Kat

Alright, girls!! It's almost summer and I'm getting a little worried. I sure am gonna need some support and I hope our little thread here doesn't fade away!!

Ok, that's all! I really hope to hear from you guys soon!!

Seren Dee
Old 04-29-2001, 03:07 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Blah

I sure need the support too!

I'm on an Exercise thread, "Cardio Queens Unite" and you're welcome to join there. People post every day about our exercising, and it's a great help!

I hope this thread doesn't fade away either...but I duno!
Old 05-02-2001, 12:18 AM   #4  
cookies are for browsers

Default Hey all!

Is everybody skinny yet?

I just posted on the old board - oops - thanks for the new one. It is so much easier to keep it to one page.

I am having problems with WW points. I am eating healthy and balanced according to the food pyramid
and also according to their old exchange program, however, I am going over points 1-10 per day. I think
I'm still losing weight, but it's annoying, I feel like a failure if I go over points. My jeans have been hurting
me at the waist if I sit in them for any length of time, but today they were comfy all day. So I think I have
lost a little bit. It's hard to tell. I gain and lose so much every month it's crazy to keep track of it all. Plus
I think I am PMSing today since I had to have pretzels and then chocolate. Whoever came up with chocolate
covered pretzels is an absolute freaking genius.

I guess the way I'm sticking with it is that this is a healthy way of eating and even if I don't lose weight I will
have a healthy body. It's more important than ever now that I'm almost done with my MA.

And I feel like I just wasted an hour watching "Dark Angel" - it is so awful. "You've been acting preoccupied
lately, is something wrong?" Talk about 10th grade!!! Who writes this???? HORRIBLE!

I want my hour back. I should have done yoga. I should just ditch the stupid TV if it weren't for that 70's show
I probably would; that, and Frasier. And 3rd Rock.

Ok, enough babbling. My plans for this week are to fill the cute little snack sized bags with pre-counted
snacks so I will know how many points are in my lunch pail all week. And more exercise, too.

Wishing everyone a great week,

Jennifa
209/199/170
Old 05-02-2001, 05:59 PM   #5  
Strange Little Girl

Default I'll keep posting if you will.....

So far today:

5 starbusts (craved something candyish)
A few sips of Mountain Dew

Not sure what I'm doing about lunch today...maybe I'll head over to Subway (surprise).

Trying to stay eating right...but everything is so overwhelming lately...between this boyfriend break up thing and all these social situations and work and school and being so damn tired all the time...eating right is about the only thing I feel I can do. The ability to exercise right now seems absolutely ridiculous. Maybe if things mellow out soon...Maybe this weekend. I'm still going to buy that "look great naked" book, and see if I can dedicate 15 minutes a day to working out. If I can't do that, then something's really wrong.

I really feel like all of this will become easier when I move out, and I do the grocery shopping and I cook for myself. If I don't allow myself to buy and crap, then I have to eat what I've got...the move has been delayed a few more months, though....

Everybody drink water!!! When I was losing, it was the thing that helped me the most...even if you dread it at first, eventually, your body will ask for it. I'm going to try to get back into the routine, too.

~Kim

P.S. Think I'm going to buy a scale soon, too. I really think, even though I know you're not supposed to pay too much attention to the numbers, that if I actually see the numbers dropping, it'll be a rush that keeps my going!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 06:55 PM   #6  
Bacon Girlie

Default Heya

Hi, guys. I'm excited...I'm going back to my first WW meeting in a year! Too bad I weigh more now than I did before, but hey..it's a start! I've lost on my own, but I really want to have to be accountable and get the support of the group.

I counted my points today for "practice". Jennifa, it gets hard sometimes, but hey..you've gotta make that 27pts work for you! It's easy to eat a lot of food and still stay in your pts range. I think it's a great ideal for you to pre-measure all of your snacks. I do that, like with those little snackwell's choc chip cookies, and other snacks. Great, great idea!

Here is my day:

Breakfast:
Two peanut butter skinny cow ice cream sandwiches (these things are AWESOME) 6pts

Lunch:
Boca Burger, Vegan - 1pt
slice of veggie chesese - 1pt
lite wheat bun - 1pt
little ketchup, mustard, mushrooms

Dinner:
Boca Burger w/fixings (again) - 3pts
carrots - 0
Power Puffs - 2
Snackwell's Cookies - 3
Piece of a sub - 3
Sugar Free Jello Cup - 0
Mandarin orange cuo - 1

Total: 21pts

And tonite, I'm gonna have another Skinny Cow for dessert, and maybe a salad or more carrots. Or another Skinny Cow. My points max is 29, but after I drop 4lbs it will be 27, so I'm trying to stay at 27 now to prepare.

Charlotte: Yes, the water is important! I'm so full of it I'm gonna burst! Also, you know, I find that working out regularly (even maybe a 15min jog or ride every day) keeps me so energized. It's amazing.
Old 05-02-2001, 09:48 PM   #7  
Kool Kat

hey, everyone! It's good to see this thread active again.

Things are slowly changing. My mom is wanting to do something about her weight also. So I figure with her following Weight Watcher's too, it'll be easier to eat well and there will be someone there who can understand what I'm going through. Since school is out, there is a great stress lifted from me. I'll have more time to exercise.

I have found something called Fuit20. it's water with just a little bit of flavor. it still has 0 calories and 0 fat, so it sorta helps with getting all of the water in.

Anyway, tomorrow I am going to weigh in at my meeting, and my mom's gonna start with me tomorrow. So hopefully it will be a new beginning and I will get the momentum up to lose again.

I'm going on vacation on July 18th. We're going to drive to South Carolina... Myrtle Beach. Anyway, A mini-goal of mine is to lose at *least* 25 lbs by then. That gives me 2 1/2 months. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need lots of support!!

I hope you are all doing well!! Have a good OP day!!

Seren Dee
Old 05-03-2001, 12:22 PM   #8  
Trying harder than before

Default hey there

hey girls, i introduced myself in the other thread...i have been doing really good the past week, and i found out my scale was broken, so my last reading was wrong (yeah!!!!!) what kinds of plans are you all doing?? I can tell Seren Dee, Girlie and Jennifa are doing WW. I am just trying make a healthy lifestlye (i think that is y it is so hard) I am just trying to lose the weight htat i put on last year my freshman 40..yeah you heard that right now 15 but about 40!!!!!!! so far i have lost about 30 pounds and i would like to lose about 10 or 15 more. My goal weight is 115-120 (my ideal weight to hight ratio with my bone size and all it about 118, so i figure with TOM {Time Of Month} fluctuations, that is a good wieght for me. these past 10-15 pounds have bee the harsts to lose in the past 6 months i have only lost about 10 (although i didn't watch it all that well). My roomate is going to do it with me and y other roomate is already eating healthy, so it should be easier, we went grocery shopping and i bought all healthy foods (well excepty for some ice cream but it was No sugar added, fat free so i am going to let it slide....i also try not to eat after 6 or 7 b/c i figure there is no way those calories will burn off when i sit onthe couch and veg then go to bed. another problem of mine is alcohole calories, No i don't drink alot, just on weekends and some thursdays...but I have a feeling those emplty calories will never leave my tummy the pasts of my body i do not lie are my tummy and upper thighs, and my lower shoulders (like between shoulders and chest) so those are what i am toning, i do 8 exersizes everyday (pushups, chair lifts, squats, lunges and then scrunchs {legs up, reverse, regualar and side to side}) and i do 12 reps of each. Any other good exersizes u think i can mix in there to mix it up a little or work my muscles alittle more. Well now that i have writeen a novel, i will let you go, i hope it is ok that i joined this board......

Mel
160(155??)/129??/115-120
Old 05-03-2001, 09:57 PM   #9  
Bacon Girlie

Default Motivation

SerenDee, How great! You have a diet buddy now! What better than someone who you are surrounded by on a daily basis. I'm really glad that I started WW today. I feel really good about it.

Cosmo - are you pretty short? 118 is a low-sounding weight, but maybe you have really small bones? I think it's great that you've lost so much so far. I bet you look great!

Shall I share my day with you all? Oh, BTW, the new plan counts carrots, and I don't, but I do use the new fiber cap.

B-fast:
Home Fries - 5
Fruit cup - 2
Milk w/coffee - 1

Lunch:
WW Just 2pts bar - 2
Luna Bar - 3

Dinner:
Veggie Stir Fry with textured soy: 2
Carrots - 0
Sugar Free Jello - 0
More Carrots - 0

Snacks:
Another Just 2pts bar - 2
13 mini Snackwells cookies - 3
1 bit-o-honey - .5

Total: 20.5/29

I think I'll have a skinny cow.

Cosmo, have you had the big Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwiches? The vanilla ones are 2pts, the choc/peanut butter ones are 3pts, and strawberry are 3pts! They are SO good!!! Oh, since you're not counting pts, they are between 2-2.5g fat each, around 220 cals.

Talk to you all soon!!
Old 05-05-2001, 07:10 PM   #10  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

I made cookies today, ate one and only one, gave the rest to my brother. I also said "no" to Starbucks hot cocoa and had hot apple cider instead. AND I saw my XBF at a wedding last week and HE talked to ME - and didn't give me hard time, either. So we are ok now, I think because he is finally dating someone else. Yes, it's made things much better. Someone else can deal with his angst. All of this means that I really AM ready to lose weight, and that I'm making good choices. Let's hope these yield results (like NOW!!!)

Seren Dee, enjoy yourself in Florida!

Girlie, thanks for showing us your day! It helps, but I have never heard of Skinny Cow.

Cosmo, you are right, I AM on WW but I'm also considering Body for Life, which I've heard is cheesy but effective because you have to exercise a great deal. That is what I need. I am so busy all the time that I never get a chance to really work out.

Charlotte Sometimes, hang in there. I know social situations can be awkward but here's a goldie for you - it's nothing worth gaining weight over! There's better out there. So stick to your journal tracker and get out there and meet new people!

Feliz Cinco de Mayo, all.

jennifa
209/199/170
Old 05-06-2001, 02:11 PM   #11  
Trying harder than before

hello hello hello, this weekend was awsome, just what i needed. May Daze is the big event of the year here, so that is y i haven't been around for a few days This weekend was sooo fun, but terrable eating (alcohole+pizza+BBQ=bad weigh in tommorrow) but i plan on working out about 5-6 times this week instead of my normal 2-3 and i am going to really watch what i eat to make up for everything i ate in the past 2 days.

girlie-i am 5'4 but i have really small bones. That is my "ideal" wieght that is on the dr. chart

jennifa ~ i here you on the exersizing, it seems liek the times i can exersize i would rather take a nap. i am going to start though, i have been maintaning/lossing 1 or 2 lbs for too long now, i need a little boost.

well girls, hope all is well with you and i here from u soon

Mel
Old 05-06-2001, 11:21 PM   #12  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey Gals

My weekend hasn't been too bad. My first weekend on WW and I say it was okay for a first weekend! I cheated and jumped on the scale yesterday and had already dropped a pound, but that could have been anything. I won't do it again until I do it officially at my next WW meeting.

One of my big vices is movie theatre popcorn. I know it's one of the worst things in the world, but I love it so....saw Bridget Jones' Diary last night..not bad, really...well, not as bad as I thought anyway! And I musts admit, Renee Zelleweger looked pretty crappy a few times in that movie which was refreshing from all the skinny, cellulite free movies out there...anyway, I snook a bag of Pirate's Booty in the theatre and ate that instead of the popcorn! Ha! I ate the whole bag, but I had saved points for it...and it was only 8!

How's that for strategies and tactics?!! For all of you who understands WW, I'm at 203 right now and hope to be below 200 by Thursday. And if I do that, I lose two points...my max will be 27...and I'm finding it hard just to stay at 29 now! Geez! What will I do!!!??? Maybe the drop in numbers will inspire me!

Talk to you all soon!

Girlie
Old 05-07-2001, 12:21 AM   #13  
Kool Kat

Ok, this was either a waste of my money or a really good incentive plan... there was this shirt that I saw at Gadzook's several weeks ago. All it said was "I have issues" on the front. (It was a korn shirt) Anyway, Anyone who knows me has heard the words "I have issues" come out of my mouth several times. I *had* to have this shirt!! Ok, so what's the big deal? It was a OSFA. Ok, maybe if we were 12!! But at 225, I don't think it's going to fit!! It's pretty small, but I am bound and determined to wear that (hopefully by next summer!) It was $18, and I could have used the money on something I could wear now, but by the time I can wear it, I would probably not be able to find it again. It's nice incentive, like I said. Besides, it'll look really cool hanging on my wall with all of my posters and crap!

As far as food and stuff... It's been so-so. I need to start working on getting all of the water and fruits and veggies in (Still). It seems like I say that every time!! But I'm ready to give it another go and hopefullly lose a good 20 lbs before I leave for the beach!

We went to the mall the other day. My spirits were high when we went in, but by the time we left, I was ready to punch the next 15 year old 105-lb girl with half a shirt on. (I'm not bitter or anything!!) I was depressed, so I decided it was definately time to go.

So, that's me for now. The good thing that came out of it was that I got more than 2 1/2 hours of walking in while at the mall!!

Ok, c-ya!

Seren Dee
Old 05-07-2001, 02:09 AM   #14  

last week was **** for me. a friend gave me a box of twinkies cuz i had a craving for one twinkie. evil evil friend.
it's just so hard. i did ww for a while, and i got so sick of it. i mean, it works, but i can't deal with it long term. i know how to eat healthy, and i can do it, but i get tired of it after a few days. it's a lot more work than just eating junk food.
that's cool that you got the korn shirt seren dee. millers outpost used to have lots of cool shirts, but i havent' been there in ages. hot topic also had a good selection to shirts too. my favorite one is 4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go back to sleep.
but i need to get off my butt and eat healthy and stick to it. both of my parents have heart problem type things, my mom is overweight and i'm worried about her. my cousins have health/weight related problems, and so does my aunt.
i feel better when i eat well and exercise, but it's so annoying to keep getting side tracked and end up right where i started from.
i think i'll have a goal of actually drinking enough water this week as well as eating the 5 veggies/fruits things that the food pyramid recommends. i'll put post it's on my computer so i see it everytime i sit down and type. heh.

andrea
Old 05-08-2001, 05:51 PM   #15  
Strange Little Girl

Default Not such a bad weekend....

With all that's going on...my appetite is sort of shot in the first place. Had jamba juice most of this weekend, and soup on occasion. Couldn't really stomach much else. Things are getting better, though. My ex and I are on very good terms, and I'm trying to help him get organized to move out on his own. I still have a lot lot lot of stress going on though. Maybe I should try and take it out on my water bottle...

Leaving for L.A. on Friday to go to my sister's college graduation...so, if I don't post by Thursday, I won't be back until Wednesday.

Everybody keep your head up! You fall down, you get up again. Just believe in yourself...I should take my own advice, sometimes. :P

Have a great day everyone!
~Kim
Closed Thread