View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #181
ColoradoCarol

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyseR View Post
New to ideal protein, made it one week so far with 6lbs! Trying VERY hard to keep with it.
Stick with it. You can do it. It is hard at first, but then it just becomes a part of you. The success will carry you through. It's an old quote but, works for me: "Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckiek View Post
I just started on Monday and am just getting used to the protocol. I think I may be in ketosis but I do still feel hungry at times. Is it true that I won't feel hungry soon?

I've seen a lot of recipes using the packets and I was wondering if I have to Forego one of my packets for the day (especially if I won't be the only one eating the entire recipe)?

Appreciate any tips you want to impart. Thanks!
If you use a recipe with a packet - that would use one of your packets for the day. So if you are to have 3 packets a day, and you make a recipe using mushroom soup (for instance), then you would have 2 packets left for the day.

I have heard people say that when you are in ketosis they aren't hungry. I remember that at the beginning, but I have been on this diet since mid-July and I do get hungry at times.

My tips: Eat all your packets, veggies, and protein EVERY day. Make sure you take all your vitamins every day, eat your salt and drink your water every day. Plan, plan, plan. Stick to eating what is on the list. If it isn't on the list, don't eat it. If you're not sure if it is approved, then don't eat it and ask your coach later. Remember there are a lot of things that may not even occur to you that aren't on the list, for instance ketchup. Ketchup has sugar/carbs. So either use mustard or buy WF ketchup.

I have stayed 100% on program since I have started. Phase 1 is part of my thinking.

Fun in the Sun Summer Challenge

5.8 lost, 19.2 to go