View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #34
zephyr1973

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I know for me, I have begun to clean out my closet, and things I kept for "just in case I gain weight", I am actually donating. Part of my weight issue comes from giving myself permission to gain weight simply by the act of keeping "fat clothes". I'm done with that.

I've also really appreciated my new body - it's the one I had when I married my husband 8.5 years ago. I can get into the "skinny clothes" I had stored in a box. I feel better - I have more energy. I can get into my custom tall boots again! I can take up offers to cap with local hunts in MD and VA! I no longer dread people judging what my weight is doing to a horse's back!

I have gained too much to allow myself to return to the way I allowed myself to become. Some things are just worth fighting for - weight loss is a lifetime goal - it never ends. Some days/weeks/years will be better than others. I accept that I will "fail" from time to time, but I have set a 5 lb weight gain limit. If I gain five pounds, I will do a re-start. I have to do this, or I will not have any clothing to wear - and its illegal to be naked in public, and I have a deep aversion to jail!