View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 03:54 AM   #2
StarPrincess
Head Princess

Hi Spygirl!

I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm happy to share my own thoughts and experiences. The biggest thing I've learned is that this is NOT a diet. It's not something you go on and then off of. As with any successful weight loss, this is a way of re-training your body and making permanent changes in your eating and exercise habits.

I was a carb addict myself and never thought that I could give up bread, potatoes (a daily staple for me) and pasta. And for the first 3 days of induction, I was a raving witch! But yes, if you are faithful in your adherence to the rules of induction, the cravings go away and I started to feel amazing.

It's not always easy to say no to the things we've loved and sometimes to the people we love as well. Most things that are really worth it aren't easy. That's ok. But if you want it bad enough, you will find your way. For me, giving up those foods was the best choice I could have made. I'm happier, healthier, and I don't miss it.

But it's certainly a matter of attitude as much as anything else. If a person spends their entire time pining away over something that they "can't" have, it won't work. So I guess you have to decide if it's worth it for you. Beans will be a no-no for quite a while because they're starchy. So ask yourself what you want more - the beans or to weigh 100 pounds less. It's not always an easy choice, but as you see the amazing changes in your body, it does get easier.

Good luck!
~Star~

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

5'3"
Started Atkins 7/15/2003