General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #1  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Default Best Apps Ever?

I've been looking through my IPhone 4 for some good apps for weight loss, and there's just so many to pick from. So that got me to wondering...

What are your best apps ever?
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #2  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I love "Fat Secret". Lots of recipes, you can track everything, oh and did I mention it was FREE! That said, I am currently on WW, so I am subscribing to their etools to make it easier for the beginning. Fat Secret is much more user friendly, jmo.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

I am looking for an app that does WW points. I am stopping my WW online subscription because of the monthly cost, and I am going to attempt to count points on my own. But, I would really like to find an app that counts ww points.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #4  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Huh, will have to check into that! Are there any other apps out there? I just want one that is hassle free and doesn't require you to spend money.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

"Lose It" is a great weight loss ap.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #6  
quietlyBRiLLiANT

S/C/G: 292 / 275 / 190

Height: 5'5 1/2

can anybody tell me how to post a thread on this site?? Pleasee (new to this)
f0reverMrsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #7  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
"Lose It" is a great weight loss ap.
I'm downloading Lose It right now. It looks pretty nifty!
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #8  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I use MyNetDiary for tracking food and whatnot. I have been using it for so long that I have so many custom foods in it, I don't think I could ever switch! I use the C25K running app from Zen Labs. Since I got a FitBit for my birthday I have been using the app regularly. I paid to upgrade to the MeNetDiary max, so I could link the nutritional info to my FitBit (It's more than I would like to have paid, but I am hoping that it will encourage me to get my monies worth out of it!!) I also recently downloaded the JeFit app (recommended by someone here!) as an alternative to the paper method of tracking workouts at the gym.

One more that I can't live without.... Songza!! Has some excellent workout playlists for busting your butt at the gym
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #9  
diamondgeog

C2FK apps. There are a bunch out there. They stand for couch to 5 K.

I use Ease Into 5K. Either $2 or $3.

I know its an odd choice. But I was NEVER a runner. Hated it. Convinced I could never, ever be a runner.

But I started at 48 in the Texas summer. I am close to doing my first 5K. Ran 27 mins two nights ago. Have a 28 min run tonight.

I cannot tell you how transformative running has been. And if you never heard of C25K definitely check it out. It will ease you into it and you will succeed. It was much harder running than getting diet changes going. But it compliments it so well and has given me better health, by far, then ever in my life at 48.