View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #135
lighthouse101

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Lighthouse - you probably are not alone in the feeling of dislike that can hang over after so many years. I know that in the first months of IP, I was not convinced of where I was going and where it would take me.

An aha moment finally changed some of that for me. I tripped across an old friend who I would periodically see in town. She literally did NOT recognize me at first - I had to say who I was. She was stunned.

That was the first real moment where I felt and knew what I have done and where I am going. I went home and cleaned closet and was also stunned by how many clothes no longer fit me - some I had never even worn because I never thought to try them on for size because I did not think they could possibly fit.

Fingers crossed that maybe a big aha moment will hit for you, too, and you can enjoy the wonderful big sunshine that brings into your life.
Thanks, schenectady, and also for sharing such an amazing NSV! I know you are a big supporter of exercise and I have recently started adding some in too. I'm hoping that will help - just being grateful for having a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.

lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote