View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:40 AM   #171
Sopra2

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
I am really having a hard time now. I feel like I'm in a straightjacket. I miss pasta, crusty bread, sweets, etc. This evening I just went and had a large bowl of granola cereal w/almond milk. It was so yummy, actually tasted sweet. I'm not at goal but am happy with the progress so far, I was thinking just to go to phase 2 so I can get off this diet or just quit altogether.
JennRN…hang in there. I want to encourage you to stay with IP and obtain your goal. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a little over a year ago and actually found being on IP a life saver over the holidays. I have also missed pasta, crusty bread and Christmas sugar cookies…but this year because I was on IP I did not eat one cookie and did not feel deprived. I felt so good about the fact that I was so successful and I did not experience any ill effects from eating the wrong foods. For you there will be a time soon again when you can eat those things in moderation and I believe there are lessons to be learned while on the trail to reaching your goal.

Blessings,

Judi