Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #1  
one step at a time..

Wink Introduction

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site, and to the Atkins plan. Just figured I'd introduce myself and maybe make a few friends along the way. I really like this site alot, there's alot of nice and helpful people, and it's good to know I'm not the only one struggling Ok, so on to the intro. My name is Krista, I'm 19 and from northern New York. I've just recently started the Atkins plan and I'm hoping to stick with it this time. I feel my biggest problem is not really getting support from the people in my life (ie. my mom) which shouldn't discourage me, but I let it anyways. But I'm very determined to stick with this and lose the weight I've always said I wanted to. I'm dating a wonderful guy, it's been almost two years, he makes me very happy. I'm in college and I'm majoring in veterinary technology, after i graduate (may 2004) I'm hoping to find a job in a zoo.
I guess that's about all. I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope I can meet some people on here to share stories and give support to along the way

~Krista~
Old 01-09-2004, 08:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Welcome Krista!

You'll definitely get the support you need here - everyone here is very encouraging! And there are some very knowledgeable Atkins ladies in this group. I'm sure I would have 'fallen off the bandwagon' long ago if it weren't for this place.

Post often!

Julie
Old 01-09-2004, 08:32 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Krista,

WELCOME!!!!

COOL, so your studying to be a Vet Tech, several of my friends went to NYS schools where they teach that. SUNY is one of the schools and I can't remember the other. I live in NJ but I work in NYS.

Anyway, people are going to try to discourage you from atkins because they really don't understand it but pay no mind because your going to get wonderful support here.

Good luck !!!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #4  
one step at a time..

Thank you both for the warm welcome

I attend school in SUNY Alfred, which is about an hr south of rochester. I really enjoy the program, I'm thinking about going on the be a full vet, but not too sure yet.

yea, they don't really understand, but thank you for the encouragement it's really what helps me keep to it

~Krista~
Old 01-09-2004, 11:56 PM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

Welcome, Krista! Glad you are here! Lekker and Leens are right -- you'll find tons of support here. Can't wait to get to know ya!

I started off in pre-veterinary medicine in college, but got sick of all the chemistry required. I wish I would have gotten a vet tech degree or at least tried... Instead, I got into ag journalism... somehow!?
Old 01-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #6  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Welcome Krista - I have a screaming baby right now so this is short. Definitely come here for support! My cousin is in Cornell for Veterinary Science and loves it....me, I think "Yuck" Good luck on plan - the main key the first month - DON'T CHEAT! Get yourself into ketosis and reap the benefits. You will no longer be addicted to carbs and your life will surely change!
Kim
Old 01-10-2004, 12:11 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Krista,
HI glad to meet you!!! You are in the right place for support girl!
I am a vet tech and have worked for the same vet for the past 10 years, we work on everything at our clinic!!! Good luck at school, it will be nice to have another vet tech person to talk to outside of work!!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:18 AM   #8  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Welcome Krista!

You have definitely found the right place. Lots of encouragement here, lots of laughs.

It's very difficult when the people in your life that you count on for support are not able to come through. Don't blame them for not understanding, just come here for your daily shot in the arm and "you're doing great!" Don't worry about what they can't do, just concentrate on what You CAN Do!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #9  
one step at a time..

Thanks everyone It's nice to come in here and have people understand what you're going through and not criticize it.

jdoggmartin: I definately understand what you mean about chemistry, lol. It's not my favortie subject, but for Vet tech I only had to take one semester and that's it. lucky me So you're in Ag journalism? How do you like that?

Kim in NJ: thanks for the advice I'm going to really try my best to do well, and stick with this program. I'm really determined this time to lose weight, so I think that's really what's getting me motivated. So how old is your baby?

Theo'sgirl: thank you How do you like being a vet tech? I have days when I wonder if this is the right thing for me, but I think I love animals too much to do anything else :-p

Spedmom: Thanks for the encouraging words I have been coming here for my daily doses, lol
Old 01-10-2004, 11:47 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Krista,
ON the support note....all those people who don't support you or are skepticle about the diet, once they notice you are loosing wieght...they all shut up and then watch they will do it too because it is sooooo easy!! That has happened to me twice do far!

I love being a vet tech, it is dang hard work and the pay isn't so great but the rewards FAR outweigh the negative. I have a great boss too so that helps. 10 years is a long time to work at one place, I recently got a job I start at next week that makes more $ and better bennies, cause I have to work only part-time now that I have 2 babies. But I love my other job so much and the clients and their pets....I worked my new job out so I can still work at the cliinic 1 day a week. PLUS I have soooooooooo many pets I need my vet discount!!! My BIG word of advice is the most important thing is to learn how to talk to people especially when they are in a stressful situation, they need to teach all of the students that....it is a must!!!
Closed Thread