Old 01-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #378
0ojoyo0
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilouve View Post
Hello everyone,

This is day 2 of my reboot and although I've always been more of a "lurker" than a joiner, finding this thread and seeing so many familiar names, from 2012, has encouraged me to "come out" a little today. Perhaps I can be a cautionary tale to some and proof that you are not alone, to others.

From mid-March to mid-June 2012, I lost a little over 30lbs by using 100% IP products and never cheating once. I did well on maintenance for awhile and then started slipping. And now we come to the "cautionary tale" part; As silly as this sounds, at first I put off getting right back onto phase 1, like you are supposed to do, because I felt secure that I had this "magic bullet" in my back pocket (IE: Ideal Protein) that I could get back to anytime. Here, I would like to congratulate those of you who are getting back "on the wagon" before regaining all the weight (including you Dakin!).

Not only did I gain everything back, and then some, over the course of 2013 but I went through this kind of denial period in order to keep feeding this carb addiction that had a hold of me. As an example; "I got this, I'm determined now. I'll start " " tomorrow, at least it's not as restrictive/expensive as IP"(fill in the blank here 'cause I tried or considered so many other diets). But, you probably guessed it, mostly "tomorrow" always brought another reason (read excuse) why I failed, another slip and, so very often another weight gain for that week.

So I'm back, with no more excuses, to do what I know will work. Going to do alternatives this time. I'll be visiting the boards daily, which was such a huge help last time, much more so than my coach...as nice as she was she couldn't seem to empathize the way people on 3FC can.

So to those, who like me, are back to lose even more than they did the first time; you are not alone, let's do this together!
Everything you said is spot on. I feel like I've also been using the excuse of having the "magic bullet" too, as a safety net that I could always fall back on when things got out of control. I kept saying I would get back on plan, but like you, something always came up. Which is why I need to stay even more dedicated this time, because things were really starting to get out of control. This post is such a great motivation to me today, so thanks for that. Good luck in taking it off again.

Restarted with alternatives 1/13/14 at 206 lbs. I WILL make it to goal this time.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote