General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #1  

Default Super Shred Diet

Has anyone tried this yet? If so what were your feelings on it
sluggo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #2  

I'd love to know, too. My sister saw him on Rachel Ray and wanted to try it. I told her I'd do it with her if she wants a buddy. My book is coming tomorrow and so we'll take a look at it over the weekend to decide if it's something we're really able to commit to. It doesn't look too bad from what I've seen online. Only real challenges for me would be that I have to prepare a lot ahead of time and since I work, I may have to play around with that eating every 2.5 - 3 hours thing. I'll keep you updated.
clownfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #3  

I got my book yesterday but haven't read it yet. Will be reading over the weekend and hopefully starting monday
Old 01-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #4  

That's great! I got mine on Friday and I've gone through it. It looks pretty good. I'm grocery shopping tomorrow and I'm starting on Monday, too. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #5  

I am starting on Monday too. I need something to jump start my weight loss and I am hoping the book does what it claims. I like how it spells out both portion control and meal timing, I don't do well with diets with a lot of flexibility, I tend to cheat too much. I was going to get all of the food for the first half of the week this weekend, but I seem to be fighting a cold or having issues with allergies so my energy level is low. I just bought enough for meals for two days and snacks for about 4. I'll post as I go along.
1961tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #6  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I find this intriguing, let me know how it goes.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #7  

Finished day 1! So far, so good. I wasn't really hungry and felt like my blood sugar was pretty stable all day. Breakfast was banana and oatmeal with hibiscus tea. I had fruit for most of my snacks. Lentil soup for lunch. Large green salad with a ranch yogurt dressing. For dinner it was chicken and green beans.

The only problem I ran into was the 45 minutes of cardio I was supposed to do today. A couple of times a week, I have to work 12-14 hour days and I don't get home until around 9pm. By the time, I've walked the dog and done everything I need to do, it's bedtime. I'll have to figure it out. I'll keep posting progress.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #8  

I just couldn't drink the tea, I have never been able to drink tea or coffee so I'm thinking since it is a Must item on his food list this diet won't work for me
Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo88 View Post
I just couldn't drink the tea, I have never been able to drink tea or coffee so I'm thinking since it is a Must item on his food list this diet won't work for me
Wonder why tea or coffee would be a MUST on any diet? Does it say why?

Frankly I have a problem with any food plan that says you MUST eat x, y or z or that you MUST NOT eat x, y or z. If the rest of the plan suits you, I suspect that it would work just fine without you drinking tea or coffee, particularly since I'm assuming you need to drink them without milk or sugar.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #10  

Day 2 and still good. I agree with Southern Maven about the tea. It's only one cup of green tea or hibiscus tea in the morning. I doubt it would make or break the diet if you didn't have it. He even says that you can change things as long as you're mindful of the calorie count. The exercising is where I really have to push myself.

Southern Maven, he doesn't say why the tea is a must, but I'm guessing it's because of the studies that have shown that green tea and hibiscus both have metabolism boosting effects. The Super Shred is only supposed to last 4 weeks to lose some weight fast or break a plateau, so everything is geared toward healthy, but fast weight loss: Nutrient dense foods, exercise, spreading out small meals, etc...So that would be my guess about the tea. It's actually pretty flexible in terms of what you're actually eating. (Lean meat, veggies, fruit, whole grains.)
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #11  

Default Super Shred

I got off to a rocky start, I have a cold so my energy level is low. Rather than give up completely I am going to use this week as a dry run for starting the first phase next week. So far I am liking the diet, it seems pretty easy to follow. I am starting to see the benefit of the small snacks before the 2nd meal. I only ate about half my soup for lunch today because I got full pretty quickly. I really like the choices of snacks and how he has them divided by 100 and 150 calories. With the exception of a few things there is very little processed food and all of the choices are easy to get at the grocery store. I don't like tea either, but it is only a cup and I drink it cold so it goes down quicker.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 232/218/140

Height: 5'9

I'm on day 2, so obvioulsy I haven't noticed a difference weight wise. I am only supposed to weigh myself 1x/wk which is hard for me. I want to see results immediately.

The diet itself is pretty straight forward - eat breakfast an hour after you wake up. A 150 calorie snack an hour and a half later, a 100 calorie snack an hour after that, a 2nd meal an hour and a half later.... my issue is that I wake up at 4:30 so "lunch" ends up being around 9:30am, and although I've been up for a while - it still seems way too early for a cup of soup. I've been sticking with the juice smoothie option and I'm not sure if it keeps me as full. I guess we'll wait and see.

It has made me more hungry, more frequently which I guess is good. In the past, I would wait until I got hungry, and then eat a lot of poor choices until I felt full. This helps with controlling my portions, evening out blood sugar, etc. There is a lot of flexibility within the plan itself. Tonight's dinner/meal 4 according to the book is: 1 C water before eating, 2 servings of vegetables, and one of the following: 1 C pasta with marinara sauce, 6oz fish or 1 large salad (4 C greens, and these items are optional: few olives, shredded carrots, few slices of beets, onions, 1/2 tomato and 3 T FF dressing).

The point is to keep your portions under control, to eat more frequently, and to keep your food as close to it's most natural state. I don't find it's a problem to prepare food for the day. I had made a vegetable curry soup and plan to have a little of that each day. I bought a giant $4 tub of prewashed lettuce and a giant $3 bag of mixed super greens that I use for the salads. I cooked double fish last night, so I just have to heat up the leftovers tonight... I prepackage my snacks in the morning, so today I put 10 baby carrots and some dried fruit in bags...

Anyway, I'm optimistic. It's only day 2 - but I'll try to keep on it - it's only a 4 week diet plan!
bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #13  

I'm on day 5 now. I messed up day 4 when a friend brought me a homemade treat, so the book said to do the day again. I haven't been great about drinking the tea every day and my daily exercise has been non-existent. I like the idea of using this first week as a dry run. I think I might do that, too. Now that I'm used to the routine, it'll be easier to get my meals ready and schedule the exercise.

I also cheated on peeking at the scale. I felt like my pajama pants were definitely more loose, so I had to see what it said. The book says the average in the first week is 5. So far I've lost 6, but I've got a lot to lose. I figure it's mostly water weight, but I'm not having a lot of sugar cravings or feeling hungry, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #14  

My schedule at work keeps changing so it is very hard for me to keep to the eating schedule. The next few weeks should be more predictable. I have kept up with the small snacks and meals and my clothes seem looser.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I got the book a week ago and it's still in my car! I've just been too darned busy to start to read it, let alone start the plan. Maybe this weekend?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote