Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/118

Height: 5

Default super hungry at night after dinner

Hi guys.!
I have been trying to lose weight and am successful till dinner.
I have a proper and appropriate breakfast, lunch and dinner but after 2 hours of dinner I get very hungry and lose it all.
All my workout is a waste.
Does it happen to anyone else, if so how are u getting over it?

Let me know.

Concerned...
matherleey611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #2  

You may not be eating enough for dinner... esp make sure you have enough protein! Why not have some healthy snacks at the ready, so if you get hungry you have a satisfying choice ava?

Last edited by Cuechick; 01-13-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Cuechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/232/110

Height: 5ft7

I find when I eat more during the day-like a snack every 2-3 hours. I don't feel that hungry at night after dinner. I have that problem too so.
imabehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #4  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Could be timing or could be your cutting your calories too low. Do you calorie count?
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

What time are you eating dinner? Maybe it's possible to push all three meals back a bit? Sometimes, I end up staying up really late. On those nights, I can get very, very hungry as the time expands from the last time I ate. Usually, I just accept that being hungry has never resulted in death or immeasurable suffering for me, so I just suck it up. It helps that I tend to be very busy on those nights. But on nights where I eat dinner within three hours or so of going to bed, I never really feel hungry.

There are also lots of tricks to deal with late-night hunger. In the past, I have taken fiber supplements. I have consumed herbal tea (sometimes in vast quantities). I will take walks (exercise acts as an anorectic for me). I suspect you'll get all sorts of great suggestions here.

Another option is to simply program a late-night snack into your daily calories. It sounds to me like you may be experiencing the "I screwed it up, I can go completely wild" syndrome. Based on my personal experience, I am guessing that you eat far past the point of being full after you try in vain to ignore the hunger. Dealing with this one makes all the difference to me. Usually, I'm pretty good at remembering that it's not the first cookie that messes up my plan. It's the fifteenth. But it's hard to stay focused when I make that first mistake. Maybe that's happening to you?
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #6  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Maybe you get hungrier in the evening and at night than you are during the rest of the day? If so, maybe eat a bigger meal at night and swap the lighter meal to earlier in the day.

One thing the helped me with night munchies was moving dinner back as late as 9 pm sometimes.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/118

Height: 5

I have dinner around 9 and sleep around 12.
Yeah LaurieDawn I think I do have a "I screwed it up, I can go completely wild" syndrome.
I am gonna buy healthy snacks and tea for nightly hunger.
I put in about 1400 calories a day, so I assume it isn't due to calorie deficit.
matherleey611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #8  

tea is very helpful for me... and a healthy snack is just fine!
Cuechick is offline   Reply With Quote