View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #29
mckaren4

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post
Sorry if this has already been addressed but I haven't found a clear answer to this...

I went to Costco today and found Premier Protein shakes. I bought a pack of 18 for $19.99 because it was low in carbs and fat. However, it has a lot of protein and more calories than typical unrestricted IP products. Each shake contains 160 calories, 3 g fat, 5g carbs (3 of which are finer), 30 g protein. Would this be okay for an unrestricted serving?

Alternatively, I could measure out 225 ml from 325 ml each shake in order to get 104 calories per serving.

Thanks for your input!
You are wise to be aware of this issue in using alternatives and comparing them to ip.
personally I exercise moderately every day and figure having 2 full premier protein drinks is giving me an extra drink per day (I also eat a bar a day) and I am ok with that-If I am not happy with my weight loss average-I will start measuring and be more disciplined in how much I am drinking .
my fitbit pedometer syncs and allocates exercise calories to my fitness pal-so I am monitoring both nutrition and exercise and so far its working for me.
good luck!!!

Highest weight-March 2013 Started IP Nov 30,2013 @ 209lbs.
I'm not telling you it's going to be easy-I'm telling you it's going to be worth it!!!
We can do this!!!