View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #23

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all!

I am currently phasing off (in P3 at the moment) for a trip to Mexico and have started to incorporate some alternatives - added a Pure Protein bar for my snack (thanks to Susie for the recommendation!). When I start back on P1, I'd like to incorporate some more.

My question is - while I enjoy the shakes and drinks, I do like to eat something for breakfast occasionally, not just have a shake. What are some other alternative ideas for breakfasts?

I'm going to finish reading through the threads but if there are some ideas you could share, that would be great. Thanks!

I love the Honey Nut Soy Cereal from ProtiDiet. Unrestricted and costs around $13 for 7. I shake a tiny bit of vanilla whey powder on it and add some cold water to make "milk." IT has a very light sweetness so I do't need any added.

I also love their oatmeal which is also unrestricted. I buy the large container for $28/20 servings. I mix it up w/cold water and micro it for 2 mins (instead of using hot water and stirring w/o cooking as the directions suggest. I think the micro cooks it better and I like the way it thickens.) I shake a little cinnamon on it and sometimes make the "milk" as well.

These along with 1 egg/3 egg whites scrambled with veggies are my "go to" breakfasts. I prefer my shakes and bars for lunch and/or snacks and having something more "traditional" for bfast!

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014