Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 1/11 - Sun 1/12/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #2  

From yesterday:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoerba View Post
Happy Friday, everyone! I had a rockin day! I am feeling won-der-ful!

I have a few questions for anyone who can help me understand. I am a bit confused as far as a few things go.

1. Why is it that on IP we are not able to have more fat? I didn't think that fat could take you out of ketosis. My understanding is that being in ketosis is what burns fat so quickly while on IP. Am I mistaken? I realized today that I accidentally used too much oil and was a bit upset, but then wondered if it would truly hinder my loss.

2. I'm confused about the sugar.....many of the foods have grams of sugar on the nutritional label, but no sugar in the ingredients list (only sweeteners). Being that these items DO have grams of sugar, how does that affect the body different than an item with the same amount of sugars, but where the ingredient list says sugar? I know the IP plan is clear about staying away from sugar, but I keep getting confused when the food labels have sugar grams.

Thanks for helping me understand!

I'm SO happy it's Friday. I'm also thrilled tomorrow marks my first week on this journey! It hasn't been bad at all and, surprisingly, I haven't had any intense cravings. My weight has been stuck at the same place for 4 days now though and it's been a little frustrating. However, I did lose almost 8 pounds the first 3 days, so I will still have a good loss for the first week even if I don't lose tomorrow.

I got my Nashua order in last night and here are my current reviews:

Question about the oatmeal and pancakes (protidiet versions) - when I look at the stats, they both appear to be unrestricted. However, the IP instructional sheet says that all oatmeals and pancakes are restricted. Which should I go by? Thanks!
1. IP is a PSMF diet so it is low carb, low calorie, low fat. Many low carb diets don't limit fats as much. You are correct that fat won't kick us out of ketosis. The quick weight loss is due to the low EVERYTHING. Being in ketosis isn't necessarily what burns the fat. It sure helps with appetite suppression, tho! Dr T's first book had 1 Tbsp of oil, so don't get too upset over the initial overuse.

2. There are naturally occurring sugars and added sugars. We don't want any sugar on the ingredients list (added sugar), however veggies will have naturally occurring sugars, which appear as sugar grams on the nutritional label. You can ignore the "sugars" on the label, just make sure you read carbs & ingredients (to find/avoid added sugar).

3. IP Oatmeal is restricted. Off-brand labels may be different due to varying ingredients. For example, the ProtiDiet maple oatmeal is unrestricted, altho the IP version is restricted.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Susie: I also recently bought a pair of size 32 Seven For All Mankind jeans at Goodwill for only $10.

I was so excited because before I wouldn't have been able to get one leg in there and the original tag for still on...$189!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

When I feel like I need something sweet I will make the protdiet oatmeal into muffins, I will have this with a cup of coffee and that satisfies me. This is non restricted. It feels good to be in control even if it is temporary. When I fall off the IP wagon my eating gets out of control. IP gives me the confidence that I am in control. It is a nice feeling.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #5  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning:

I think I am going to have to try the Protidiet oatmeal. Right now I buy everything at my clinic but I love oatmeal and am bummed that IP's is restricted.

Today was weigh in day for week 21 for me. I've had one of those "blue" feeling weeks...tom, sick, yucky weather, work was annoying...and really wasn't expecting a good weigh in. To my surprise - tho sometimes I do wonder about their scale - I'm down another 1.8. Nice inches lost this week too. Yay!

Even though I'm past the original goal I/clinic had set, bmi still isn't in the normal range and I'm not in range for most of the online weight calculators. All of these things have variance of course...but I'm also not in the size I'd expect. It's odd...when first on IP, sizes dropped quicker than weight and now I feel like at this weight, my sizes should be smaller? Anyway... I think i will stay phase 1 for a couple more weeks and see what happens. But I'm starting to feel ready to move forward into the phases.

I think I'm going to treat myself with a movie - gotta watch the good ones before the oscars

Happy weekend! And may you find your IP POWER!

PS Congrats Susie and IPN on the skinny jeans!

Last edited by vachinyc; 01-11-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Susie: I also recently bought a pair of size 32 Seven For All Mankind jeans at Goodwill for only $10.

I was so excited because before I wouldn't have been able to get one leg in there and the original tag for still on...$189!!!
That's awesome! I can't wait to be able to fit into nice jeans. Congrats on the find and being able to fit into those...enjoy!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Things are going well, not so well that I am ready to go and buy jeans, yet, but fine. I have not worn jeans in over 20 years because all of my weight is centered below my waist and I look really weird in them. Can't wait to get to a weight where I have a more normal profile - the gym workouts should help.

I am one pound away from the 50 pound mark so I am being very careful, trying to make sure I hit the mark. I have yet to decide what I am going to do to celebrate.

GO SEAHAWKS
Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #8  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Things are going well, not so well that I am ready to go and buy jeans, yet, but fine. I have not worn jeans in over 20 years because all of my weight is centered below my waist and I look really weird in them. Can't wait to get to a weight where I have a more normal profile - the gym workouts should help.

I am one pound away from the 50 pound mark so I am being very careful, trying to make sure I hit the mark. I have yet to decide what I am going to do to celebrate.

GO SEAHAWKS
I'm right there with you at the 1lb away from 50, I haven't clue what to do to celebrate either. Maybe a massage.

WHO DAT! Geaux Saints!

Last edited by nolasmurf; 01-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Wow, 50 lbs is an exciting and major accomplishment, Schenectady & nolasmurf! Hope you ladies find something really special to reward yourselves.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Way to go on the 50lb losses! Thats awesome!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #11  

Height: 5 '6

schenectady and Nolasmurf Way to go!! 50 pounds is huge! I started feeling like I might look a little different when I hit 50 a whole 5 pounds ago. Make sure you do something special to celebrate and enjoy the reward!!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

50 pounds is an amazing accomplishment! Feels so far away but every time I hear someone has hit that mark, it gives me more hope!

This is my 2nd week in with my official weigh in tomorrow. My husband has joined me and we both stayed on track this week which feels really good. Looking forward to more experimenting with veggies this weekend.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
schenectady and Nolasmurf Way to go!! 50 pounds is huge! I started feeling like I might look a little different when I hit 50 a whole 5 pounds ago. Make sure you do something special to celebrate and enjoy the reward!!

50 pound mark is a celebration !!
I suggest new spanx first and for sure..... (and you probably need some other new underwear by now). Your clothes WILL look nicer....the progress WILL show...and then go try on jeans and some new clothes...even if you are just window shopping on the clothing! (Don't forget the resale shops!!!)

YEA for both of you!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #14  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Lol yes new spanx! And undies. I just spent $180 on bras and undies at VS after Xmas. I went from a 40DD to a 38 C. Gosh I hope the girls don't get much smaller! So let me ask ya'll a question I have 7 VS bras that are in great condition, I don't want to throw them away, do thrift stores take them? Would anyone here like them? I can take pics and email them to anyone interested. I'd just hate to throw away $30-50 bras. I bought the and ended up only wore one mostly every day. Shame huh
Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning everyone. I got up and did some weight lifting and then hit the pool for a swim. Then hit the Kohls clearance racks. I am solidly in a size 6 now and my 8 jeans are riding low on the hips. I have laundry to do so I am going to work on that and do another sort of clothes. I think a Good Will trip is in order.

A swimming friend has been doing weight watchers since last summer and we are about the same age, same height and within a couple of pounds. I was leaving the pool and she was coming and our reaction was the same to each other....skinny you!!! So funny. She looks great.
Closed Thread