View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
Moving Forward

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm so happy to see another New Rules thread! I finished the New Rules of Lifting for Women book several months ago and am now working through The New Rules of Lifting for Life. Both programs can be initially confusing until you get into a routine of using the logs and learn the exercises. After that, you will find there is repetition in the program which makes it easier. After doing both of these programs, I feel there is an advantage to the program for women because the workouts are laid out more for you (less thinking-ha!). The other program has a nice advantage in that you design your own workouts around your own needs.

I have gotten really nice results through strength training, even if in inches and not in pounds. I'll take more muscle any day! I also work out in my garage so I don't have to worry about the intimidation factor. At this point, if I had time for the gym, I might give it a whirl simply because all of the equipment is there and I'm a social person who us getting bored out in my garage by myself.

To those of you starting, go for it!

Goal weight met on 4/13/13!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote