View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #132
swimcoachmomma

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
I'm a baby here on day 4 of IP. I've been feeling a little resentful because I haven't had a weight loss whoosh yet. I know I need to stay off the scale! I also know that for me, comparisons lead to resentment and resentment will eventually lead to negative action...so I am really grateful for this site and all the experience and information it has. I'm also looking for positive things my body can tell me. I just sucked in my stomach and it went in farther that it has in years! I couldn't even suck it in a few weeks ago.

I'm looking for health in addition to weight loss. I want to be able to come off my blood pressure meds and just feel good again!

Welcome MizLiz!!! We are quite a fun bunch. There is sooooo much info on the site. I would direct you to the stickies on the IP main page, as well as the links in the first post on the Daily or Weekend chat. Hiding the scale works for some, weighing daily works for others. If daily makes you nuts, then stay away. If it is a positive thing and helps you stay focused (and if you can handle daily fluctuations) then go for it. We try to do things that are positive for ourselves. Personally I can beat myself up better than any person or scale in the whole world!! Negativity got some of us here, and likely won't get us back!!! Love yourself. You are worth it!! Welcome.

Today I choose to move my body, my mind, and my spirit!!