Good morning all!!!
How is everyone today?
- Great Job on the loss... you are doing great... I am a cat person too but I love dogs as well.... I have 2 dogs and about 6 cats... mostly girls... LOL... no testosterone here... or very little... POP means Perfect On Plan... I like to wish everyone that when I close. I picked it up from another board...
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of a collage group... I am a wee bit artistic as well... right now I am in the groove of painting crosses... for a while I was very interested in the Bob Ross type of painting mainly because I love the landscapes he would paint... I really need to focus on painting more and branch some...
- 'It seems to me a few of us may be in our winter rut. I will use it to my advantage and eat in a healthy rut.'
This is me through and through. I am definitely in a winter rut. I can't seem to walk unless it is warm. I have been counting calories and doing extra things around the house but I know it is not enough. I have not 5Ks planned for anytime soon. Once it warms up I will really kick the training for those back into gear. The only thing is that I don't have a walking buddy any longer due to injury and I am kind of chicken to do them alone. LOL.
- I cannot imagine -10 here in Texas, as that would be impossible for me to withstand. We have a wet cold here as the humidity tends to be really high. I went on vacation once to a high valley in Colorado (where the humidity is low) and the temps were -30 and to me those felt like 10 degrees in Texas. I remember seeing a girl that would walk from one building to another barefooted in those -30 temps and I asked her about doing that and she said she was just used to it. How do you get used to that? LOL Surely, she didn't do that all the time.
- I sure hope you are feeling well soon and hopefully it is just jetlag and not something else.
- So sorry you are still dealing with all that board stuff. I missed the first part of all of that but I am guessing you are a volunteer who maybe signed on for a year. I certainly do not blame you for not doing it again. I volunteered 18 years ago to be on the City Council and I am still doing it. Fortunately we have a secretary and mayor who take care of most of the issues that come up so the stress from that is minimal.
Larry - I completely understand with high sodium/calorie in restaurants... isn't it insane?... We have Chicken Express here in Texas... awesome fried tenders... but when I started my Lifestyle Plan I was appalled at how many calories each tender had... I won't even slow down when I go by there now... LOL...
- the chicken sounds lovely with some veggies... I put on a pot of black-eyes peas and will have that for lunch today with some left over cabbage and maybe some venison.
- I hope you find that energy and drive to cook for your friend... I am sure they will greatly appreciate it...
... what a blessing you are!!!
Thursday I had training for work and Friday (yesterday) I had to take a certification exam. I got in early and it was warm about 70 degrees so I had the afternoon to do yardwork, moving brick stones and making a little walkway/step to my storage building, cleaning the back porch and getting it winter ready AGAIN, blew off the back bricks and then came in and cooked cabbage for dinner. I even did a little painting and put together a wreath I had been planning to do for a week or so. I am a little sore this morning from maneuvering the bricks (carrying them from one place to another and setting up my step and walkway) but other than that feel pretty good today. I am hoping for another pretty day and it looks like some high 60's are in the forecast. Maybe I can get some of that good old walking in today.
I hope everyone has a wonderful POP (perfect on plan) day.