Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*Rie's Weight Loss Pyramid Challenge!*~

Welcome to Riestrella’s Pyramid Challenge!

Posting the same challenge in the 20-something forum, but thought I would extend the same challenge to the challenge forum!

Weight loss is so much more than the number on the scale. It is a life changing, emotional roller coaster of a journey. Everything that happens between the times you step on a scale should be truly appreciated and honoured.

Which is why I’ve created a challenge unlike my previous weight loss challenges. You can still weigh in (if you want), but this challenge is focused on goals rather than weight.

Does this sound like something you’re interested in? A challenge that is more than JUST numbers? Then please join!

You will have to read this first post CAREFULLY because it can seem a bit complicated at first if you don’t understand how it works!

Step 1
Write a list of weight loss goals in 2 categories: exercise & nutritional. I wrote 14. 6 were nutritional goals and 8 were exercise goals.

Step 2
Order them in order of difficulty i.e. which goals will be the easiest to achieve (for me it was drinking 8 glasses of water a day) to the hardest (entering and training for a half marathon).

Step 3
CREATE YOUR MAGICAL PYRAMIDS!! (if you want a visual aid, you don’t HAVE to do this!) Draw a pyramid and at the bottom write the easiest goal and continue to write the goals above the other in order of easiest-hardest.

Step 4
Starting from the bottom (if you drew the pyramids), number your nutritional and exercise goals 1 - however many goals you have. For me it was 1-6 nutritional and 1-8 for exercise. There's an example below!

Step 5
Marvel at your weight loss pyramid.

EXAMPLE!
Here are my 2 lists:

Nutritional goals

Drink 8 glasses of water a day (1)
Make meal plans, no eating out solo (2)
Don't buy junk food (3)
Start counting calories and stick to a number (4)
No more Coke (5)
Eat recommended daily amount of each food group (6)

Exercise goals:

Run once a week (1)
Strength train once a week (2)
Cross train once a week (3)
Run twice a week (4)
Strength train twice a week (5)
Cross train twice a week (6)
Run 3 times a week (7)
Enter and train for a Half Marathon (8)

So how does this work?

The principle of this challenge is to build a healthy lifestyle slowly. You focus on one goal at a time, each divided into phases (the number next to your goal). Your aim is to achieve your goal for a certain amount of weeks before moving on to your next goal. When you move onto your next goal you still perform your previous goals, but it’s not as essential if you slip up your previous goal because you’re focusing on a new, harder goal. So looking above at my exercise goals, if I were on Phase 5 - “strength train twice a week,” I would still run twice a week and cross train once a week. But if I missed a run then I wouldn’t reset the entire challenge, I would focus primarily on strength training twice a week.

The reason this system is the way it is is to create a no pressure but still productive goal system. You focus on one goal at a time but once you’ve completed a goal you will hopefully be able to do it no problem because you worked on it a decent amount of time to attain it. You’re literally building a pyramid of habits that will help you towards your weight goal.

What if I fail at my goal?

Then you simply reset the clock and try again for just that goal. You never go back to the beginning, you never reset the challenge completely - you only work on your current goal.

Do I still weigh in?

Yes, if you want! We are here to lose weight after all. There will be a different sheet for weigh ins, look at the bottom of the spreadsheet! This time there are no goal weights, as this is a work in progress. Go at your own pace. You will be listed in order of % of weight loss, because hey, this is a challenge! Let’s get competitive!

Will I be moved to a standby list if I don’t stay accountable?

Yes, if you don’t put in a mark in your cell for more than 2 weeks then you will be moved to a standby list. Please let me know in the thread that you want back in and which phase you were currently doing and I’ll put you back in.

Can I join this at any time?

Yes! Don’t be worried! Just follow procedure like the rest of us and hop right in.

How do I use the spreadsheet?

There are 3 sheets for each phase. Enter your Username on Phase 1 - Nutrition and Phase 1 - Exercise. If you want to weigh in for this phase, then enter your Username on the Phase 1 - Weigh In sheet too, though this is optional.
Then write your first exercise goal (please word it simply in the spreadsheet, go into detail in the thread!) in the first exercise sheet and your nutritional goal in the nutrition sheet. When you have achieved your goal for the day then enter an X in the cell for the day you achieved it. If, like me, your exercise goal is to workout once a week then just put a “-” in the cells you didn’t workout.

How long do I focus on a goal for?

By the number the phase is, phase 2 would be 2 weeks, phase 8 would be 8 weeks. This challenge is a commitment, but one you won’t regret!

How many goals do I need?

As many as you want! But I’d say at least 4 each is a decent number.

Please use this thread as a way to support each other and stay accountable for your goals. Apart of this challenge is to give and get support!

This challenge will start on the 27th January

Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

This is awesome. I'm doing something similar - baby steps kinda deal. I really like the concept.
Closed Thread