View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #182
drd1961

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy IP birthday 65!
I hope to be well into maintenance when I celebrate another IP birthday this year

I made it to a stretching class at my gym today. It is actually called a Foam Roller Release class and works all the knots out slowly and gently. I finally quit coughing enough to go! Now that I'm home and have ventured out in the cold, I'm coughing a little but I think the worst may be behind me.

I've been reflecting on my time off p1. I had sure slipped back into some snacking behavior that I was worried was going to be a problem on my return to P1. Luckily (?) I got sick and lost my appetite at the same time I was retuning to p1. It made it easy-peasy to just jump back into p1 without all that extra food. It is sooo easy to add extra stuff back in that we do not need.

I wasn't tracking carefully enough. Live & learn. Perhaps because I knew it was temporary? Anyway, back to the routine of tracking to carry me through p1 and into maintenance. When I don't want to track, it means I'm wanting to avoid seeing it.
I use a foam roller at home everyday. It really helps release the muscles. Since I have been regularly using it, the pain of arthritis has greatly diminished! My cat likes to bat it across the floor!