View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #121
Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Originally Posted by Marceylou View Post
I just wanted to say hello all! I am a total newbie! I tried IP last year for about one month. I had great results but couldn't afford it and ultimately gained back my losses. I have decided this is the year for change. I am in a program waiting to do a gastric sleeve. However, I really don't want that. I just want to be healthy. So I decided to give the diet track an earnest effort and put the surgery on hold. After all, gastric surgery is imposing VLCD - I can do that with out stitches. I have a long way to go, but right now I am looking at the first 20 pounds. One of the biggest challenges with this program is that I have celiacs disease so most of the soups are off limits - I am trying to figure out ways to jazz up the ones I can have.

I was wanting to know if any of you had used other products other than IP products as they are really expensive for a one income family person. If so, what is comparable?

Also, because I have knee problems, what are some exercise regimens that have worked for others with similar conditions?

Thanks Everyone in advance. I am looking forward to participating on this board and can't wait to lose some pounds!
Marcylou, Welcome.

I had Lap Band surgery July 2008. I lost some (I am now lower than that after being on IP since July 2013). I still have some of the benefits of the Lap Band (restriction on how much I can physically eat). I applaud you for trying this program while you are waiting for sleeve surgery. You might find that you like this better and won't need the surgery. I know that if I could go back in time and tell myself about IP, I might not have had surgery. But then again hindsight is 20/20.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Use these threads/forums they help immensely. If you experience something most likely someone here has experienced the same thing and can give you pointers or recommendations.

Best of luck

Fun in the Sun Summer Challenge

5.8 lost, 19.2 to go