View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #19
Pattience
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Day 3 "My daughter left a slice of her pizza, and I didn't eat it - I put it in the bin and put washing up liquid on it."

I like that idea and quick thinking. I should do that. Sometimes i do just chuck things straight in the bin when i get disgusted. But ruining it like that is a good tip. And you know if you can't, that your resolve is wavering.

I think the glucomannan may be psyllium fibre. See if you can buy some from a supermarket or health food shop to compare. it goes all gluggy when mixed with water or juice. So you should be able to tell at that stage. Its a soluble fibre but my gp told me that some people find it constipating despite it being used for the opposite purpose.

Rapid weight loss in the beginning is water loss. We tend to eat less salt when we suddenly start eating better and less. The most salt you eat, the more water your body retains in the cells. But it is always nice to see it drop off so quickly though you need not be disappointed. Weight is size, whether its water or fat and its all weight, right? though fat is the worst of course.

Day 5: the gastric pain is not unexpected either. if you eat too much psyllium it can cause "tummy upset" and it will settle after you get used to this.

I think the danger if you keep on using it though is that you will disrupt your natural bowel function. You should discuss this product you are using with your gp in depth. If they don't know anything about it, ask them to research it or find another doctor or chemist who does. For the sake of your long term health, you should know more about what you are putting your body.

I used psyllium for a few years but have gone back to going without. I took because i had constipation resulting from a combination of my meds and a low veggie diet. I would take 1 dessertspoon a day. If you are taking much more than that you may be risking your healthy but get confirmation on this because i am not an expert. I am just going by what i vaguely remember my gp telling me one day some time ago.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote