Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #69

Good evening ladies! A cold 19 degrees right now headed for around 12 this night. With the windchill last night It was -10. We just aren't prepared for these low temps so lots of frozen pipes and cars that won't start.

I've been very sick for more than a week. Bronchitis and asthma this time. The only way I could stay out of the hospital was to stay with Glory for the doc said I couldn't be alone. I have wheezed and coughed so much my chest, back, and neck muscles are so sore but I am on the mend and came home yesterday.

Just wanted to let you know I was still alive and kicking. Have a good night!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:51 AM   #2  

Good morning to you all. It is not as cold as it was last night and hopefully will warm up some today and through next week like they said. They can't decide whether we are going to get ice tonight or not so I am hoping they are wrong and the temps will stay high enough so that we just get rain.

I have been up since midnight so will probably take a long nap this morning. I had a pain in my left groin area, which usually is colon, but I had a lot of gas overnight so maybe that is it. I took some pain meds and put a heating pad on it, then got out of the recliner at 4 and folded some towels in the dryer I didn't get to last night and got something out for dinner tonight, got some kleenex and a diet soda, sat down at the computer and balanced my checkbook, went online to Scentsy and ordered some car fragrance thingies since I can't find what Jack likes in stores. I bought him sugar cookie as he likes that buttery, sugar vanilla smell. Sometimes the car just reeks from the nasty plant smell.

I got the yarn for the hat for my friend and am almost done with it already. It is a quick knit. I should get my yarn for my big cowl tomorrow. Until then I will go back to the sweater after finishing my friend's hat.

Susan: Bless your heart. I hope you are on the mend. Don't worry about us, we will be here when you feel better for sure.

Jean: My closets are disasters, but mostly because we just have no room. With the home owners association not doing repairs we don't put anything in the attic anymore and the concrete missing in the garages making them flood we can't store stuff in there for the most part either. We will have to discuss Epcot I guess.

Maggie: Glad you are losing again. Just keep at it and you will be where you want to be in no time.

Well gals, Jack will be up in just a few and will want the computer while he eats breakfast. Have a great middle of the week. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another "sort of" sunny day, just a little breeze, and a cold 10 degrees outside. I had lunch bunch this noon then bell practice at 5. I need to stop and pick up an anniversary card on my way to church. Once I get done with bells I'm home for the night!
No definite information yet, but we are planning a quick trip to AZ. Bob's brother called last night and his sister died. The police found her in her apartment. The brother was calling from Salt Lake City, Utah, and trying to get a flight home to AZ today. She lived in Tucson while the brother, niece, and nephews all live in Phoenix. Like Bob said, her sons may decide not to have a service so we will wait and see.

Susan -- Thanks for starting the new thread! You always seem to post when one is due. I'm so sorry you have been sick! I'm sure your furry child is glad to have you back home again.

"Gma" -- I buy the Yankee Candle car sticks for Will. He likes the leather scent. I'm not sure how long they last, but think I would like sugar cookie if they have it. I love the candle as it really smells like baking cookies. I hope your pain is gone and you've had a nap. It's really too bad your association can't be made to do repairs as needed. I'm surprised no one has sued them.

I need to do some much needed picking up the clutter before I leave. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening -- keep warm!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Wednesday AKA:Humpday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN JANUARY MAGNOLIAS☺♫

We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant and I had my currant favorite dish and will have a very light dinner. It is in the bearable temperature range and I didn’t need my jacket at all. If the wind picks up I will have to wear it later to evening class.

I got my new phone yesterday and am setting it up to suit me now. It is one of those little phones I call the “throw away phones” that doesn’t have many features on it at all. It does have a camera that takes great pictures but none of the many features I don’t need that were on my Blackberry. It flips closed and fits nicely in a pocket and won’t dial itself. It isn’t one of the kind anyone would want to steal for sure. It’s more like the very first one I owned that I really liked that didn’t have a bunch of bells and whistles. I don’t do a lot of things that the young folks do now days that just have to have the latest phones that do so many things plus I am tired of the expense that the Blackberry is costing since I don’t use it much at all. Yep this little Life is Good phone will suit me just fine. I am not just downsizing my body but my electronics also.

We bought a few containers that fit into the motor homes basement that I can now put the things in that I want to live out there. We got plastic ones with nice locking lids that will work out fine in the space we have. They are the kind of clear type with solid color lids so you can at least somewhat see what is inside. We won’t be totally filling up that space but need the containers to keep the items from the weather and not just rolling around freely in the cupboards. Got to keep like minded items together. There is one nice long cupboard that goes under the bed from the outside so that will work out great for the longer items we will have with us. When camping we always need a rake and shovel and like minded items to clean and maintain the area. This is fun outfitting our MH. I want it to get to the point where when we want to go somewhere all we have to take out to the MH is what we plan on eating and fresh bedding and our clothing of course. When the MH sits for awhile I strip the bed and cover it with plastic. Then when we plan on going somewhere I make the bed and know it is fresh and nothing has gotten between the sheets that may be harmful. I don’t want to find some spiders being hatched on my mattress.

SUSAN I am so sorry to hear that you have been under the weather and do hope this passes quickly and you are back to exact.

DONNA FAYE That car air freshener would make my mouth want a cookie they smell so good. I try to stay away from food smell air fresh things such as candles also. I have some Yankee candles of Berry and Apple and some floral. I understand why your car needs a strong one though if Jack transfers that awful smell from his work. Sorry to hear you had such a rough nights sleep and was in pain. Hopefully that has resolved itself this day.

JEAN I am sorry to hear your sister-in-law passed away. I wouldn't envy you a trip to Arizona this time of the year but since Tucson is in the Southern part of Arizona it might be nice & warm this time of the year. Are they thinking of just having a memorial?

Have a great day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #5  

Good morning to you all. It rained here last night and we were supposed to get ice, but Jack went out this morning and put out deicer and said the deck and walks were not icy. He said he would text me when he got to work so if he is at work aroud 6:45 and texts me then the roads weren't bad at all.

I am just about finished with my friend's hat. I am doing the decreases this morning and binding off then going back to my sweater. Knitting small things like hats on circular needles really hurts my hands. The needle length is small so you don't have as much to hold onto and for me it is a matter of stressing my hands holding onto it so I will be glad to have it done.

The couple we met on our first cruise at dinner has made their cruise and air reservations so will be going with us this year. She called last night to give Jack the information so we can link our rooms in the system and sit together at dinner but she gave him the wrong cabin number. I sometimes wonder if she is dyslexic as she does that to me too. Jack is going to have a fun time understanding Tom. They are both Mexican, but she was born here and has no accent, he was born in Juarex and does. Jack has a terrible time understanding people with accents. Should be interesting. They are such a nice couple and so excited about going with us.

I gained some weight starting on the insulin stuff and the holidays and having a bugger of a time starting to get it off again. I know I will, but right now it is just frustrating. I am just glad I haven't had any, not one, blood glucose reading anywhere near where it would be over what it should be.

I got for the surgical consult a week from today for the breast biopsy. I hope I don't have to wait a long time to have it done. I want to get all this stuff done and over with.

Jean: Please give Bob our condolences at the loss of his sister. Was she ill or did she just pass away from natural causes? If you do have to make a trip out there right away, stay safe! I like Yankee Candle, but I either have to trek out to the mall or to Cracker Barrel to find the car hangers. Everything I put in the car Jack says stinks, but he is going to have to put up with stuff because the plant smells worse. He doesn't even have to be in the car, it seeps in some how. Just gross. I ordered online from the gal who went to school with my Kelly. She sells Scentsy and I bought stuff from her but don't use it much. They are burner and wax candles and I just buy airwick plug ins for the house. I have a couple of the car hangers that are cinnamon and put one of those in the car and found a free standing thing that has holes on one side and isn't liquid that I laid in the car. It is vanilla and the combination Jack likes. I think the vanilla stuff stinks, but then who am I to say? I like spice smells. I have this cranberry and some flower combo stuff in the house right now that has a very nice smell.

Maggie: Sounds like you are getting things to trick out the RV again. I love Mexican food, but Jack is really picky about where he will eat it having grown up in New Mexico. He doesn't like most of the stuff here in town. He is funny.

Well girls, time to get the day going. Have a nice Thursday and stay warm and dry if you can. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-09-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday

The weather is said to be in the mid 30°’s this day. Not too thrilling. For lunch we met the folks that work at the museum and had lunch and then afterwards Will brought me home and went to the museum for his volunteer work. I had a great time with those folks (we laughed a lot) and am now home to do some of my chores.

Anything in life worth doing in this life requires true effort. I am saying this to all of you Magnolias as well as to myself. An effort is why Weight Watchers asks us to change our mind-set about what Weight Watchers actually is. Face it like a school course that you have enrolled in. When you sign up, you're not surprised to learn that you have work ahead of you. Weight Watchers is a life course with serious benefits, and when you commit to doing the work, you come away with a degree in personal betterment. One of the benefits of being with the program for an entire year and longer is that during that time we have seen every season and every holiday at least once. There should be no surprises. Discovering what you are doing that is not helping you reach your goal isn't always comfortable. But knowing the truth about yourself and your habits can be empowering. Everything you do is information, nothing more, nothing less. The most essential player in success is your mind. To be truly successful, know there is no beginning, middle or end. This is simply a process of working on behaviors toward weight loss or maintenance and is called "behavior modification." The changes you make are ones that you enjoy and become part of the fabric of your life. Again, if you are struggling with your weight or struggling to maintain your healthy weight think about this. This is a new year. It's the unused pages in your book of time. It's your opportunity to practice what you have learned during your journey down the road to thin. Magnolias let us all take this opportunity to achieve and make all things new.

DONNA FAYE Those folks you will cruise with sound like they are a lot of fun to be around. Knowing someone ahead of time that will be on the cruise will make it more enjoyable I would think. You only have two hands so treat them kindly when you pick out a pattern to knit.

JEAN and SUSAN I hope the day is going well with the two of you.

Have a great day my cyber friends, type at you later.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers! It is staying lighter later in the afternoon -evening, I can tell! The sun was out most of the day, wind blew all day, and it was cold even though the temperature hit 27 this afternoon. I spent the day doing laundry, sorting through clothes, and made a dreaded WM visit. There were 3 checkouts open, besides the self checkout. It must have been payday, unemployment check day, or food stamp day because everyone seemed to have a cart full of groceries, except me. I had several cans of cat food plus a few other things and got in the 20 item or less lane. There was only one person ahead of me and then someone with a full cart came up behind me. I wanted to ask him if he could count to 20!

Maggie -- There will be no funeral in AZ, but a family reunion. The body is being held for the autopsy, and then cremation. So not sure how soon all that will happen nor for sure when we will go down there. When I checked the AZ weather yesterday it was 59 degrees. Bob's brother said it was very cold. He grew up with Iowa winters but guess he has forgotten what they are like. Too bad you don't work for WW as your thoughts are right on! Enjoy your new phone!

"Gma" -- I'm glad the ice didn't happen for you. Are you making a scarf to go with the hat? You probably said somewhere and I wasn't paying attention. I know your friend will appreciate the hat! Bob's sister had MS for close to 40 years. She liked to go from doctor to doctor with all of her real, or imagined, maladies and was happiest when she was popping pills. As far as we knew she was getting along ok; Bob and his siblings don't keep in touch very well. I have some Scentsy too. I don't think the fragrance lasts very long; I'm partial to my candle warmer and then I don't have to worry about forgetting to blow out the candle. It's great news that your glucose level is staying where it's supposed to. You will have the extra pounds gone in no time. Are you sure they are going to do a biopsy or is the appt. for a consultation? I think it would be wonderful to be able to have the test, surgery, or whatever the very next day after the doctor decides what is needed.

Guess I will check what is on tv. I'm home alone since Bob went back to the office and the "boys" have gone to bed. Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #8  

Good morning to you gals. We are going to be near 60 today, whoopeeee! We will then stay mostly in the 50's for the next 10 days or at least that is what the weatherman says. It is supposed to be sunny to, which will be nice, but still getting rain today again it says.

Finished the hat and put it in vinegar water to set the color since it is red. I would hate for her to wash it and end up with pink clothing. I quit sorting clothes a long time ago. I don't have to do Jack's work clothing as they provide a service so nothing I wash is particular nasty so I just put them all in together so just in case she does that as well, I thought I better set the color. I am back to working on the sweater, which I do enjoy. It is a 4 row pattern and I have it memorized so I don't have to keep looking at the pattern.

Hopefully my friend's travel agent called Royal Caribbean and got our reservation numbers linked so we can sit together for dinner. Jack called yesterday, but the agent gave Liz something besides a reservation number and without it we couldn't do the linking. I emailed her yesterday and she called the agent so hopefully she did it and we are good to go that way. We have also agreed on the excursion in Cozumel and I will be doing that next week so we have a guaranteed reservation for that.

Jack just left for work and I am sure he is glad the temps are up. He has been having to work out in the nasty weather the past few days and even had to work in the hard rain with the cold. He said they have those brown cotton work gloves, but not only did they get soaking wet, he said he really can't work with gloves on so his hands were freezing when he got back to the shop after the job was done. I told him he should wear surgical gloves and told him to take some of mine that I have left over from when I had an ostomy bag. He said the plant has them and he wears them only when he is going to be working around the sludge stuff.

Jean: No, no scarf. She just ask me to make her a hat so I did. It is a nice bright red. Yep, sounds like Walmart. Our walmart will open one on one end and one on the other so then you either walk the whole length of the store to checkout and then have to walk it back to go out to where your car is parked or stand in line forever. The self checkout is at the grocery end and that end has more customers always then the other end. Jack just self checkouts our groceries unless someone is open and waiting. At Krogers he never checks out with the cashier's but always does it himself for some reason. I will do my own if it is busy but if not let someone else check me out. So are you and Bob going to go out ot AZ or not? I would imagine 59 is very chilly for them. I know my sister, who lives in Tempe now likes it out there.

Maggie: The only thing about WW is they keep changing their plans. Sometimes I like the changes sometimes I don't. I think you have to be at this awhile to grasp everything you need to succeed properly. It is tough and not easy. You want to quit smoking, don't buy cigarettes, stop drinking don't buy booze or go where booze is served, but there is always food in the home and overweight people will tend to eat anything for sure. I had a friend that's husband was in the Navy like Jack probaby 37 years ago. She was such a cutey and she told me that when it would be close to payday and the cupboards were getting bare, she would put globs of peanut butter in cereal. UGH! Lot's of things you have to work on for sure.

Time to get going gals. Have a great weekend. Faye
Old 01-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is a frosty morning in my neighborhood! Cloudy, windy, and a "warm" 27 degrees is the weather here for now. The trees are so pretty with their frosting on the bare branches. I need to make a grocery run sometime today, preferably this morning if I get my act together. I play bells at second service Sunday. We play towards the end which means, since it is also dog and pony show time, and we won't get out until well after noon.

"Gma" -- Sixty degrees would be such a delight! Our open WM checkouts tend to always be towards the middle, close to customer service. We have a lady checking carts as we leave the store. I asked her if she wanted to count my cans of catfood; she looked in the basket and said, "no, everything you have is in a bag." She only has to check receipts for things not in a bag. Neither of our grocery stores have self check outs. In fact one is set up so the checker takes things out of the cart and we don't have to do anything except pay. Bob's brother called last night and still no plans. There will be no funeral, per her wishes, but a "party" with her art work displayed and relatives can have whatever they like. I don't know if she has any friends that would come or not. I guess I am not surprised as she always did dance to the beat of her own drum so to speak. We are planning on going down for the family "party."

I need to get the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher and let it do it's job. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Nighty Night

GOOD NIGHT IN JANUARY MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It was another chilly day in the neighborhood. Winter is still with us. I am thinking about making a loaf of bread tomorrow and need to decide what kind it will be. I let my sourdough starter get ugly so it won’t be a loaf of sourdough this day. If the starter sits in the fridge without being used for several days then it turns a strange color and needs to be dumped. It takes about 3 to 4 days to grow another batch.

My new glass bathroom scale by Conair™ from WW arrived today. I will keep it in the box for safe keeping in the MH and just take it out when our weigh day comes around. Keeping it in the box will make it easier to store in a cupboard for safety. Come Monday on weigh day I will weigh on my upright doctors scale first then step on this new one to determine if they weigh the same then make any necessary adjustments. Then I will put the floor model back in its box and put it with the other items to be taken out to the MH. Can you tell I am having fun outfitting that MH? I will be so glad when spring gets here and I can put all these neat things I have been getting to go in the MH into it in their proper places.

We went out to eat for lunch at Applebee’s and I had a good WW offering which had a stuffed Portobello mushroom as one of the veggies. The stuffing was made from an artichoke mixture and was yummy. The steak was cooked exactly as I had instructed and all in all it was an excellent choice for a great meal. I made a light dinner this evening of sandwiches with turkey and light cheese.

Those relative new collapsible measure cups and bowls are trick. I have a bowl and cup that collapse for my go bag now. I like to keep the things in my go bag that I might need while out and about on a trail and these collapsible items are just the ticket for some items for they are light weight and don’t take up much room. I have a set of chopsticks in that go bag ~ wouldn’t you just know it.

When we stopped by our place to get some fresh ground coffee beans Will brought out a small container of Dark Chocolate Tumbled Cacao Beans. They came in a cute shaped clear plastic container and weighed 3 ½ ounces. Anyway ~ just one packs a wallop and eating only one was just it. That little containers contents will last a long time for sure. I stayed in the Jeep and when Will got in he handed me a note to me from the owner telling me to “Have a great day.” That put a smile on my face.

JEAN Most of our snow is gone now and we had a bit of light rain today which was really misty most of the day. Everything had that damp feeling about it.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you will have all your cruise business taken care of well in advance which is nice. Yep losing weight is tough and we have to keep our FOCUS to succeed at it and BELIEVE we can get over the rough spots. The road to thin is full of detours and set-backs along with rocks in the road but we must get back on the trail and give it our best to stay focused. WW just keeps changing the program to different ways to achieve behavior modification in the ones wanting to lose. It is still the basic "eat good food but eat smaller portions of it" and you will lose.

Have a good nights sleep my cyber friends.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #11  

Good morning to you all. It rained hard here last night, thunder and lightening, but the temps are in mid 50's so that's great. We are expecting a bit more rain then it is gonna clear off and be sunny and lovely.

I have started the long scarf/cowl as I got the yarn yesterday. People besides myself must have complained and the sub postman must have gotten his behind chewed out because he did get out of the truck and deliver the package. He walked just inside the gate, opened the side garage door and threw it in. Sheesh how lazy can you be? I mean his whole delivery is in a truck he doesn't walk it.

I have been up since 4 AM. My schedule sleeping is no nutty sometimes. I rarely sleep past 5 anymore, but usually am not tired during the day. Once in awhile, but I used to be tired all the time. Helps to take off 70 lbs I guess. Good thing is my blood sugar remains good all the time.

Maggie: Aww, that's a bummer that your bread starter went bad. You might just have to make regular loaves until it is ready again, I guess. If I get out that way, I love the sour dough bread they have at Cracker Barrel. It makes the best toast. Since you are a coffee drinker have you ever had the edible coffee beans? My daughter likes them. If I am going to have a treat, I like the chocolate covered fruit that Target sells. You can get cherries, blueberries, and several other types. I don't buy them though as I would eat them for sure.

Jean: We used to have people that were greeters and checked your receipt if you had none bagged items, but they quit that. Don't know how many of those people are now without jobs. I would imagine it would be worth having them in Memphis stores as from what I hear, loss is a problem here, no big surprise. We are going out today to check where the surgical office is at and have to go by Krogers and get bread and soda. You asked me a question the other day I zipped right by. The appt on Thursday is just a consult and I imagine then she will schedule the surgery for the biopsy. It is the same the 21st with my gyn. He wanted to wait and see my blood sugar levels before scheduling surgery so I imagine since they are fine he will talk to me about when I want to get it done. The sooner the better so I can be done with all this stuff and get back to some semblence of normalcy.

Well girls, gonna have some breakfast and go back to reading my book. Have a great weekend. Faye
Old 01-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #12  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun was shining when I left this morning but it disappeared while I was in the grocery store and the wind came up big time. Weather bug says it is 23 degrees outside, but feels like 8 with a 20 mph wind. We had planned to go to Sioux City and have the security tag removed from Bob's shirt but maybe will wait until tomorrow. I returned library books before going to the grocery store so my "to do" for the day is done until the dinner this evening.

Maggie -- Glad your scale arrived and I will be curious to see how it compares to the big scale. Sioux City has two Applebees and one is closing. It's on the opposite side of town and always busy whenever we were there. The paper said some Mexican outfit will remodel and use the building while Applebees searches for another site. I was surprised they didn't own their building. I just don't make bread because I would eat way more than I should at one sitting. Bread and potatoes are my downfall for sure. Do you eat the dark chocolate cacao beans or make coffee with them?

"Gma" -- The Target store in Sioux City has really expanded their grocery line. I can't help but wonder what merchandise they no longer carry. We used to go there a lot when they were in the mall but not so much once they moved away. I've been watching my credit card bill that I used in there before Christmas and so far all the charges have been mine. Chocolate covered fruit . . . yum! Did you see the video of the Fed Ex driver who tossed a tv box over a fence instead of taking it to the front door? I can't remember what show it was on, but the driver got fired which he should be imo. Years ago I asked UPS to just put boxes inside the back garage door, which we kept unlocked at the time. Now it is usually locked but if not, he will bring it on through the garage and put it right next to the door going into the house, which is never locked. I have called and called but without any luck. More and more my items have been delivered by the mailman.

Guess I will watch cartoons, if I can find an oldie but goodie, until Bob gets home. Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Jean; 01-11-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Scrumptous Saturday

This day is said to be between a high of 53° and 32° as a low with 0% chance of rain. From the way the clouds looked yesterday it looked like we were going to get hammered but evidently they went away peacefully or they let loose and let it rain elsewhere. There are some stretched out clouds along the horizon which means there is a pressure zone out there at work to make them long and narrow like that. Sometimes I wish I could remember more of the things I learned when I took that weather class in collage.

I have misplaced a stainless cup with folding handles that has been sitting around in my office for a long time and I always said I needed to put it up ~ now I can’t find it when I want to put it up. I evidently didn’t put it up for it isn’t there so where did I move it to is my question to myself. It will turn up eventually, hopefully. I think it just may be downstairs with some things that I want to put into the motor home.

We were out and about today and the buffalo are impervious to the weather. They are blessed with wonderful coats that shed in the hot weather and reappear in the cold weather. They look lumbering and lethargic but they can run so fast and can turn on a dime.

I love my little Life is Good flip phone that doesn’t have all those bells and whistles my Blackberry had. It doesn’t dial itself for it closes before I put it in my pocket and is just a phone. It holds a charge for about a week because of its lack of “stuff” in it. Did I tell you it only measures 2 by 3¾ when it is closed. Its only extra feature is a camera in it that takes wonderful pictures. I probably told you all this before but I am still jazzed by it. Reminds me of my very first cell phone I had years ago.

DONNA FAYE I haven't eaten just the plain edible coffee beans but these I have are chocolate covered and I can just eat one for they pack a whallop in richness and are yummy. We have a jewel of a postman for he brings packages up the steps to our front door and rings the bell. If we answer the bell he will put it inside if it is heavy or hand it to us if it is light and if we aren't home he puts it on the side of the porch where the weather doesn't get to it. He is a pleasant man and a wonderful person to have handle the mail. Will had a book to mail today and had the postage on the package. We headed to the post office and saw the mail man down the street and stopped by his truck. He got out and came over to the Jeep and Will asked him if he could take that package and he said, "Sure, with a smile." It saved us a trip downtown. That is just another reason why I love living in this small heart land town.

JEAN You don't cook this type of chocolate covered coffee beans. They are definitely for eating. The chocolate on the outside is very thick & rich and the coffee bean inside is crunchy. I definitely can eat "just one." I generally don't eat much bread at all except for sandwiches. A piece of toast on occasion. I don't eat nearly now as much as I used to.

Have a good day my cyber friends. l
Old 01-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #14  

Good Evening, Flowers! It was a gloomy, sloppy, warm 47 degrees today! I played bells second service and left after we played the second piece which was towards the end. We had the dog and pony show, a baptism which is never short because the pastor likes to make it a celebration of sorts, and the sermon before we played, so it was 12:15 when I left, and they still weren't finished. An hour is plenty long enough imo! We made a quick trip to Sioux City to have the security tag taken off Bob's shirt. The door we usually go in doesn't even have one of those security gates in the first place. The kid working the register never looked at the receipt and just took the thing off as if that was an every day occurrence. I took a quick look at the UGLY spring clothes and thought I will wear what I have! We ate a late mid-afternoon lunch at Olive Garden and came home. I am tired tonight!

Maggie -- Eating a coffee bean sounds funny to me! Now the chocolate part sounds ok! Hope you found your cup. That is my usual MO!

Guess I will go see if the football game is over. There isn't much else on tv these days although I have enjoyed the skating and look forward to the Olympics. Enjoy your evening!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #15  

Good morning ladies. I swear I came in here and posted yesterday, but obviously I didn't.

Here is Lynne's hat. I am going to mail it this week when I go to the dr's as it has now been color blocked, washed and blocked. We had to buy a new ice tea maker and it is square instead of round like the other one's so it looks kind of funny.

Yesterday was a quiet day for us. I watched my usual bazillion episodes of old Law and Order , knitted some and read the newest Janet Evanovich's Takedown Twenty book. People have been griping about her last few books, but I think they are still pretty funny.

We went out on Saturday and found the building where I have to go for the surgical consult, but it is a long way from the parking lot or through the back of the building and parking garage so Jack says he is taking the day off. I told him I could manage it, but he said he was going to go. I told him he could go in with me and ask her questions that way.

Jean: I read about the UPS driver. Right after Christmas I saw another one where this single mother had saved up to get her dd an Ipad and the numbskull UPS driver put it in her trash can when she wasn't home and they picked up the trash and out it went before she got back home. UPS made all these excuses, but I believe they replaced it. I guess they tell their drivers to place the package out of sight and this dope thought the trash can would be good. Sheesh!! We have a Super Target her and I like it except prices are more than other places and selection is less. They don't carry Coke Zero at all so that does it for me. Sometimes I think preachers get carried away with hearing themselves talk. You should be able to say what needs to be said in half an hour IMO. As to all the other stuff, I got really fed up with the church in Indiana when the kiss up organist/pianist, who came back from the missionary field, decided the hymnals were to passee and made song sheets of modern stuff. I like the old hymns. That was just one of the things that caused us to leave eventually along with actual belief differences eventually.

Maggie: You know there is a tv show now, can't remember the name, where this guy goes into dangerous parts of the world to get coffee beans for big name clients. He risks his life like in the columbian jungle, etc to bring back special beans for people like Mario Battali. I think he is NUTS! Maybe the kitty cat knocked it off and rolled your cup around somewhere unseen.

Well gals, it's about time for me to get some breakfast. Have a good week. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lynneshat.jpg (39.4 KB, 3 views)