View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #47
shr1nk1ngme
Vegetarian low-carb

S/C/G: 185/131/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix View Post
Well done shr1nk1ngme! So what do you eat on your up days? Is it anything goes or does it still have to be healthy?
No, I am very particular about my UpDays because I have to make sure my nutrition is excellent so I can sustain myself healthily on my fasting days. So everything is weighed, measured, and entered into FitDay to make sure I am getting 100% RDA/DV of every nutrient. I firmly believe in low-carb, so I strive for a ketogenic diet. My calories are roughly 47% fat, 43% protein, and 10% carbs.

Here's a typical UpDay:

Vitamins, minerals, & supplements
2 cups coffee with soy milk

Breakfast:
Hard boiled egg
Flaxseed One Minute Muffin topped with 2 tbsp sour cream and a sprinkle of truvia, pumpkin pie spice
GG's Scandinavian crispbread
1 oz Monterey jack cheese

Lunch:
Morningstar Griller's Prime burger topped with vegenaise &
1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
Brussels sprouts with 1 oz melted Monterey jack cheese
GG's Scandinavian crispbread with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth with sliced celery

Dinner:
3/4 cup (huge) Egg beaters omelette with spinach
Broccoli with 1 oz melted Monterey jack cheese
Vegetable broth with sliced celery

Dessert:
2 homemade low-carb chocolate chip cookies (to DIE for)

Snacks (as needed, but I usually save them all for nighttime because that's when I'm most hungry)
walnuts
hazelnuts
almonds
Brazil nuts
Sugar-free jell-o
Celery sticks with 1 oz cream cheese
Vegetable broth

Edit: Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my nuts eaten before bed ( I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two more low-carb cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol

185/131/120 ~ 5'2"

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme : 01-09-2014 at 10:28 AM.