View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #60
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Congrats on fixing the technical computer problem! Well done, sista! I thought that looked like Valerie Harper, but wasn't sure. She is INCREDIBLY inspirational. Did you see her on Dancing with the Stars last season? She started off kind of stiff, but she lasted for roughly half the season. She never complained or used her illness as an excuse. She was fantastic! Everyone cried when she was eventually eliminated. Also inspirational on last season's DWTS was Jack Osborne (Ozzy and Sharon's son) who has MS, and never let it slow him down nor used it as an excuse and he made it to the finals. Another person who I find very inspirational is Michael J. Fox. Despite his Parkinson's, he's working and his new show is pretty good. And I really enjoyed his book "Always Looking Up". Yes, we have 3 refrigerators at work...and they actually have a bit of room in them! Even more room in the freezers, so I'm all set in terms of lunches and breakfasts. And there's enough room in the frig at home for healthy stuff. It'll all work out. D doesn't cater big parties or weddings...just his bridge events a few times per week (roughly 20-30 attendees per event). I'm sure it will all work out well...just got to get myself in a routine. Yes, I love the moderate temps here. We didn't even have any temps near 100 this past summer, which was nice. Not too much fog down here in the South Bay, which is a blessing when it comes to driving. Interesting about getting acclimated...this past weekend in Southern Cal at the wedding, it was in the 50s for the Sunday morning brunch on the beachfront patio, and both my step-mom and my aunt who are in their mid to late 70s wore heavy turtleneck sweaters and light jackets...and I was wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I do remember from my ex-DMIL that as she got older, her blood didn't circulate as well, so she got over-heated and especially frozen very quickly. But even though I don't get cold easily with my extra "insulation" as I call it, I'm sure a 50 below wind chill would be too much for even me to handle. I'm so glad I'm not in Wisconsin this winter.

A friend of mine sent me this little poem that she received from her cousin in Wisconsin:

Its winter in Wisconsin
and the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
at Thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Wisconsin
When the snow's up to your butt
you take a breath of winter air
and your nose gets frozen Shut.

Yes the weather here is wonderfull
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Wisconsin
'Cause I'm Frozen to the ground!

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 01-07-2014 at 07:26 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote