View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #58
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies,

Susie and Happy - I'm glad we're now linked up on MFP.

Happy - They have a polar bear plunge in Milwaukee on New Year's morning...they break up some of the ice along Lake Michigan and lots of drunk/hungover people jump in. I didn't hear how many people did it this year with the bitter cold. Brrrr. Who is that lovely woman in your signature?

Ceejay - You're definitely right in standing your ground. They shouldn't expect you to take on management's responsibilities.

I hope y'all are keeping warm. I had to call the Human Resources department for a company I worked for last year in Milwaukee. I needed to change my mailing address on file so that the W2 will come to the correct address. Once the woman heard my address, she asked me what the temperature was, and I felt so bad saying the high would be in the mid 60s to low 70s. I really wish I could at least send 10 or 20 degrees your way.

I went to the store on my lunch break and bought some packaged salads and yogurts. There's no cafeteria here, and it will definitely be cheaper and healthier to get the packaged salads and yogurts than to go out to fast food every day. And since D caters meals for his various bridge groups, there's not much room in the frig. We'll have to figure something out though.

Time to get back to it.

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote