View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #107
swimcoachmomma

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceylou View Post
I just wanted to say hello all! I am a total newbie! I tried IP last year for about one month. I had great results but couldn't afford it and ultimately gained back my losses. I have decided this is the year for change. I am in a program waiting to do a gastric sleeve. However, I really don't want that. I just want to be healthy. So I decided to give the diet track an earnest effort and put the surgery on hold. After all, gastric surgery is imposing VLCD - I can do that with out stitches. I have a long way to go, but right now I am looking at the first 20 pounds. One of the biggest challenges with this program is that I have celiacs disease so most of the soups are off limits - I am trying to figure out ways to jazz up the ones I can have.

I was wanting to know if any of you had used other products other than IP products as they are really expensive for a one income family person. If so, what is comparable?

Also, because I have knee problems, what are some exercise regimens that have worked for others with similar conditions?

Thanks Everyone in advance. I am looking forward to participating on this board and can't wait to lose some pounds!

Welcome marceylou!!! Glad you are joining us. There is a whole series of threads about alternative products that work in phase 1. Many of us order from Nashua Nutrition. As far as gluten free, there may be a thread but also there are a lot of women here with gluten issues. See "lisa" above.

Regarding exercise, the official IP recommendation is very mild exercise only, such as walking. Many however do recumbent or stationary cycling, weights, and circuit training. I myself walk and do light weights.

Glad you decided to try us again before surgery.

Today I choose to move my body, my mind, and my spirit!!