View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #51
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - You were typing above me. I'm glad you don't have to go to the thrift shop today. Just the thought of 50 below zero wind chills sends shivers through my whole body. Good on ya' for having such a productive day yesterday. There's no swimming involved in marathons...those are triathlons...and that might mean swimming in a cold lake unless it's affiliated with a Recreation Department or local gym (like the Y), then the swimming might be in a pool. I want to do some bike riding when it gets warmer here. I've got a slow leak in one of my tires...and my bike needs to be tuned up (greased and gears adjusted), so that will be in the spring as well. I'm really going to work toward building up my walking/hiking ability so I can hike in the hills/mountains and along the beaches this coming spring/summer. You mentioned static electricity...some people at my new job don't know why they're so static-y and always getting shocked, and I explained it's because using the heat reduces the humidity and dryer air can lead to static electricity. Stay warm, sista. I hope your knee feels better. How is your DH feeling nowadays?

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote