View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #81
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday - Polar Vortex Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Streak to 48 by skipping all three snacks, CREDIT moi; food was on plan including a new lentil dish for dinner that made it a vegetarian day. I got home from a meeting later in the evening and had planned to have some mixed fruit that DW had made earlier in the day. But I skipped it when I had the thought that I didn't need to feed myself just thirty minutes before going to bed. Calories saved: ~50; Resistance Muscle exercised: priceless.

Walk, CREDIT moi, included the library to get a book I'd requested. It felt silly to pull up the windshield wipers on our cars up (to prevent freezing to the windshield) while it was warm and raining. It's 15 F here now. I wish all of you well who are enduring the Polar Vortex more directly.

onebyone Good luck at your MRI today. Goodbye Aria scale - "seamless" doesn't count when it never starts.

Joy (gardenerjoy) I do like the encouragement that a streak is forming a habit. I've read 3 weeks, 6 weeks, and 9 weeks. All of those numbers make me happy since they're not 52 weeks.

CeeJay - Kudos for acceptance with, "Movin on...." Have a good two weeks.

Cheryl (seadwaters) Checking the restaurant menu in advance is such a good idea, Kudos. I need help understanding "butchers food."

nationalparker LOL at the buffet for your hawk combined with a grimace at the bit of truth in it. In any case, birds do get more exposed in cold weather. Hope you figure it out, " "Free" food is an issue for me and I'm not sure why." I used to believe that it was related to not having much money as a kid, but stopped believing that when I realized that I NEVER had any food-insecurity (the new measure of social hunger). Good luck getting your head ready for that cruise.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Kudos for " leftover cookies to work." You got me on this, "I know the even-7s happen on Tuesdays." Is 7 ever even?

LoseToAll - Congrats on getting back to Christmas weight.

Maura (Moebug) - Super Kudos for " the ENTIRE day eating sitting down at the table!" Yep, it does change our attitude toward food. St. Kitts in February sounds fun. Eating without distraction is a strategy that I work only every now and then to remind myself to pay attention to my food. It works for me to read if I'm eating alone with effort made to taste the food and to eat mindfully.

AZtricia - It's great that you're off to a running start. Kudos for giving yourself credits for the steps you've taken. Would you care to share with us some of the Advantages you've written? Glad you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:
day 9 Select an Exercise Plan

what are you thinking?
Use the following helpful responses to common sabotaging thoughts to create inspiration for making additional cards.

Sabotaging Thought: I'm too busy to exercise.
Helpful Response: I have to make exercise a priority. If I needed to exercise each day to stay alive, I'd find the time. I might have to get up earlier in the morning to fit it in, but I shouldn't fool myself into thinking that exercise is optional.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 111.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years