View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #108
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Hi Ruth Ann: I have been hopping on from time to time to read posts, but with the holidays and the craziness of all the weather and volume issues at my company I have had almost zero time to post. Things just started to level out with our deliveries and now the weather hits again! I can't wait til Spring!

Ironically, I started HRT at the exact same time as IP. With the release of hormones during fat burning it was a welcome relief to be rid of hot flashes and night sweats. Unfortunately, that was short lived and they returned. However, with HRT they are better than before. I have noticed an increase in my symptoms now that I have been indulging in many, many treats over the holidays. It is back to P1 for me for a few weeks and then a phase off to maintenance again. I feel so much better when I am eating right. I am amazed at how eating carbs seems to affect my hormonal symptoms...and OH, the mood swings! yikes. Poor DH. Good luck on getting your hormones settled. Menopause is no fun!

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better each day. I was in bed sick for several days last week. I am feeling better today, but not 100%. The severe cold here, as in other areas, has me hunkered down working from home. It is definitely harder to eat well if you don't have the energy to chop veggies and plan good meals. You always seem to have things stocked up though. I wish I had your good planning skills!

Happy New Year to all!
Good to see you Daks! I was really hoping the HRT would have kicked in by now but my doc says 10 days to 2 weeks. Poor dh may have locked himself in a closet by then! Good for you for hopping back on P1 after the holidays!

Terribly busy day today and I am ready for a nice quiet evening.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn