View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #140
deelee10

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!

Just wondering how many of you are exercising during maintenance? I am down to my original goal (-37) after gaining durini8ng the holidays. I stopped exercising much because I was busier than usual with elderly parents. And I could feel that my physical stamina suffered. So, I started back to exercising, just recumbant bike and a little elliptical after Christmas.I've been adding a little until yesterday I was able to do the elliptical for 25 minutes then did the bike for 25. I was so proud of myself. I was very good on my diet and weighed myself this morning and I GAINED HALF A POUND! I know exercise does not cause weight lose and that we need to exercise because it is good for us but !$*^!! So now I'm pouting and I don't even want to go work out . Any advice appreciated!

P.S. I'm going to Mexico Saturday with DS and his new wife and in-laws. Even the MIL is a size 2! She's only 2 years younger than me. They're all very nice but it's making me cranky. I'm a size 8 which is fine in clothes but the jiggly cottage cheese that's even on the front of my thighs is embarrassing. It gets worse with age. I bought a couple of coverups but they don't even go to my knees! Don't these designers realize that there are A LOT of baby boomers in our fifties and sixties and we need a coverup to COVER US UP! Because it's not just the thighs - the upper arms, especially after losing 45 lbs aren't ready for prime time either. Evidently only "Roberto Cavalli" on Bloomiesweb site and they wanted over $300 for that! Decided I'm just going to throw on a shirt and capris.
Thanks for letting me rant! I'm going to the health club!

Started IP 1/14/11