View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
gymrat05

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ WL19 View Post
Thanks everyone! Its inspiring to know that it is possible! I'm a commuter. Since I have a hard time studying at home so I'm usually in school late doing all my studying and home. I'm regularly there from 9am to 9pm. This semester I want to take my lunch. I don't know if i should take dinner too. Is it recommended to do small work outs every day? or a longer work out 3 times a week. I don't know which i feel is more effective. no matter what I can't seem to spend less than an hour at the gym between changed cardio and weights. And what does everyone do to fight cravings? The people at my job eat cheese steaks and chicken finger pizza, with fries all the time. It makes it so hard to resist. And I have a weakness for chocolate.
If you're just starting a workout program I would do whatever method you prefer. If you'd rather do a short period of time 5 or 6 days a week, go for it. IF you'd rather do a long workout 3-4 days a week, then do that. If you're doing short workouts I would aim to make them about 30 minutes and make sure you're getting in some high intensity to get the most bang for your buck. You can always make changes to the program if you want once you're in a routine. And look into classes/circuit training. THey usually combine cardio and weights which is much more efficient.

I calorie counted, so I never really had an issue with cravings. If I wanted something I ate it and I worked it into my calories. I found the more weight I lost the less I gave in to cravings because I was super motivated to keep seeing results.
Mini Goal #1: 169lbs
Mini Goal #2: 164lbs
Mini Goal #3: 159lbs
Mini Goal #4: 154lbs (LOWEST WEIGHT AS AN ADULT)
Mini Goal #5: 149lbs
Mini Goal #6: 144lbs
Mini Goal $7: 139lbs
Mini Goal #8 (Maybe): 134lbs
gymrat05 is offline   Reply With Quote