View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #41
shr1nk1ngme
Vegetarian low-carb

S/C/G: 185/131/120

Height: 5'2"

No weight change to report today. It's soooo hard after a brutal DownDay to see no resultant loss on the scale the next morning. But I had a lot of vegetable broth late last night and it was really salty so that's probably why.

Today is an UpDay so I am eating loads of calories. Looove up days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedawg View Post
shr1nk1ngme: I read a little about the JUDDD. Those down days must be tough! Do you use meal replacements then? Any favourites?
No I don't do any meal replacements. I treat a DownDay like an almost-fast. I usually have coffee with soy milk for breakfast, a hard boiled egg, a cup of vegetable broth, and a GG's Scandinavian crispbread with Walden Farms strawberry jelly for lunch and then for supper I have 1/3 cup egg beaters scrambled, another cup of broth, and a sugar-free jell-o for dessert. I go SUPER low on my down days (160 calories) so I can eat like mad on my up days.

I make sure I take my vitamins every day, but especially on DownDays ~ and like many low-carbers I have to supplement fiber and potassium. I use "No-Salt" on everthing because it's basically pure potassium and it helps me make up the lack without having to take too many potassium pills. No-Salt brand salt substitute has more potassium than any other brand. I also take psyllium husks on down day (basically Metamucil) to keep things, ummmm, moving along. If the works get gummed up, that can significantly impact the scale. and skew my fat loss estimate.

185/131/120 ~ 5'2"

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme : 01-06-2014 at 12:53 PM.