View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #22
reanbean
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

One more thing. I took all of my adaptogens in extract (tincture) form, except now I only take Maca, and it's a powder. Mixed with melted coconut oil & stevia, it tastes like nut butter. Yum!

Licorice root isn't the same as the fruit twists. You can find it at most health food stores, and it would be in a brown dropper bottle. Most adaptogens also come in pill form, but they are not as effective.

Normally, I (used to) just put the recommended number of drops into a very small amount of water, swirl it around, and chug. Then rinse & repeat. I keep my vitamin costs per month under $50, so I've dropped most adaptogens. Plus, I obtained my master's finally, and I have less stress. These days I feel much better, but I can tell that I'm still affected, so I don't drink coffee, and I go to bed on time, And I try to laugh a lot. I'm blessed with a good boss these days.

I still feel tired a lot, but not the last couple of days. I generally feel great once my body is in ketosis, and has a constant fuel source-fat. Woohoo!