View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
reanbean
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
Sorry I took so long to respond. Adaptogens are usually herbs that balance your body. HIIT is high-intensity-interval-training.

I went off of my stupendous low carb diet for a couple of months (holidays!!) and put on 15 lbs, so now I'm going on an extreme diet.

Applecrisp, you may want to be careful fasting with adrenal fatigue. It can make your condition worse. I've been intermittently fasting the last 3 days, but I make sure to keep my carbs under 20g to stay in ketosis.

As of the last 3 days, I wait until 6pm or later to eat, and I have melted coconut oil mixed with Maca (an adaptogen, the only kind of adaptogen I'm taking now), and a couple drops of stevia extract. The first 2 days i also had a small chicken breast or lunch meat drenched in cheese, cream cheese, and ranch dressing.

Today I just had the coconut oil, and I'm seriously considering eating something else, but probably won't. It's 10pm, why bother? I also painted the walls for 3 hours. I feel great.

To stave off hunger the first day, I took 2g of L-tryptophan & 88mg saffron. The next days I skipped the hunger suppressants, and I took 400 mg magnesium and 600mg calcium twice per day, as well as a prenatal vitamin since I'm hardly eating anything. I only drink water, but when I got headaches I drank chicken broth.

The first day was very uncomfortable, with severe headache, but by increasing magnesium & calcium intake, and eating very little the first day, I only had keto flu for one day, and woke up energized, happy, and not hungry at all the 2nd day.

Liquid potassium or lots of potassium in pill form works wonders for sore muscles in ketosis, but I don't have any right now. BE aware that if you take more magnesium than you need, you will have watery stool, and might want to take less.

It's important not to eat more than 20g of carbs per day when you're significantly lowering your calorie intake, otherwise your blood sugar goes all over the place, you feel starving, and you rebound and eat a BigMac.

For me personally, I've had eating issues for years, so waiting until dinner to eat is literally the only way that my body will give up its precious fat stores. Other people can eat much more.

-what is most important is that you understand how carbs make adrenal fatigue worse.
-some people say that going on a raw diet with tons of fruit will cure adrenal fatigue. Well it did NOT for me. I just felt more tired, and more starving each day. SEE WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.

In the morning of the 3rd, I was 157, today (the 5th) I came in at 151.

This works best for me. GOSH THAT WAS LONG
P.S. I'm writing this from my phone, so sorry for the typos.

Last edited by reanbean : 01-05-2014 at 11:09 PM.
reanbean is offline   Reply With Quote