View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #68
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoerba View Post
Hi all! This is day two...I'm doing alternatives and have yet to buy any packets - but can't WAIT until I do. Looking forward to variety.

B - Pure Protein chocolate shake
L - Pure Protein bar
S - black tea with 1 oz 2% milk (don't have skim) and 1 hard boiled egg
D - 6oz steak w/ garlic and sea salt, 2 cups mushrooms and 2 cups of yellow squash, 2 tsp olive oil
S - Advantedge sp? choc shake

I had to add the egg in because I was pretty hungry midday. I've heard that will dissipate next week. I think I'll be one of the people who will have to break up the protein between lunch and dinner.

Since I am new and am doing this on my own, I have a few simple questions. I've researched the heck out this diet, so I feel like I have things pretty much figured out. However, I have one question about the dinner protein. Are there any requirements as to the fat content of the steak? It says sirloin, tenderloin, etc. but do I need to cut the fat off? Also, what is considered extra-lean hamburger? I bought some that is 93/7 and hope that's okay.

Thank you!!!!
Welcome Zoerba! First, you probably want to break your veggies up and have two cups at lunch and two at dinner - that will help with the hunger. The diet really is designed to break them into two meals (look at the Phase 1 sheet in the first post of the daily/weekend chat).

I cut the fat of my steak - lean protein is what you want. 93/7 hamburger should be just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple7399 View Post
Maybe this is a stupid question but my P1 sheet says 8oz of meat/eggs etc but it seems everyone is having 6oz. Am I mistaken?? Thanks!
My coach said I could cut down to 6 oz of protein once I had lost (if I remember correctly) about 75 pounds. That said, I do sometimes add a couple ounces of meat or a hard boiled egg during the day if I'm feeling hungry.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn