View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #186
lisa32989
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
If things get out of hand for me due to some obstacles that need monitoring it could cost me surgery, and the inability to use the principles of how this diet works. Until now I have kept the profile of how I must proceed kind of low. However, I currently am sharing what I have learned because of my situation and have put it out there for those who may find they need to tweak this plan due to serious GI issues. I have PM messaged with at least 3 other dieters who have or flirted with similar challenges and could need to get off the diet because of these challenges. IP as it is written works for most ...it worked for me too ... until it worked against me.

Now THAT's a head game. I wasn't quite done.
65: I applaud you in your attempt to mimic IP using all real foods. I bet it can be done and if anyone can figure it out, it will be you! The only thing I allowed myself was to use REAL eggs, rather than the omelet packs. There are so few IP (or alt) packs that I can use due to being soy/gluten-free.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm returning to P1 after a long stall that turned self-imposed when I switched to maintenance. The plan back around Halloween was to come back to P1 in January after giving my thyroid/metabolism a break from P1. Well, it is now January. I am home from travels, although I think I have the flu (bad cold w/ muscle/body aches and a fever).

DH went grocery shopping for me yesterday and I'm making chicken soup (my illness cure-all).

DH stocked us up on meat, too, but I'll be eating less of that on P1 than I did on p2,p3 or maintenance.

I'm up about 8 since I stopped P1 (the 3 glycogen regain + some bad food choices the last 2 weeks). So, I'm back to P1 with 20 to go. I haven't officially weighed b/c I've been weighing at the gym & between being sick and "snowmageddon", I've been in the house since we returned from our trip. At least I FEEL better than I did yesterday!