Old 01-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #1  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

Question New Back Pain...??

Hi,

Weird question, my DH has lost 65lbs and I 44lbs. We are both experiencing new back pains. His coach said that it's common with weight loss. Anyone else have this happen? Or thoughts? His is pretty bad...

Thanks

Buffie
BuffieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #2  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 294/195/165

Height: 5'4.5

I did. For myself when my stomach started melting my boobs had nothing to rest on and my back had to hold up the weight on its own and it started getting pretty intense. But working on my back has made a heck of a difference.

Ahhh! Look at that our numbers the same... ONEderland is sooo close

Last edited by Diamondonalandmine; 01-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Diamondonalandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffieLynn View Post
Hi,

Weird question, my DH has lost 65lbs and I 44lbs. We are both experiencing new back pains. His coach said that it's common with weight loss. Anyone else have this happen? Or thoughts? His is pretty bad...

Thanks

Buffie
Hi Buffie

I lost 65+ lbs in about 7 and 1/2 months last year. (Jan 10th through Aug 19th) Complained about hip, back and knee issues this fall that resulted in me seeing a Physical Therapist for the last 3 months. He said it is common after weight loss the "support" from the extra layers is gone and will often bring out problems or create new ones as the center of gravity and balance changes along with the loss of the support from extra girth. I'm doing pretty well now after months of specific targeted core strengthening work. I've been doing circuit and cardio exercise since early April. If I had not been doing that...the problems would have been worse. So ...I'd say an eval by a Physical therapist if possible and work with a trainer at the very least may be something to think about. Esp if exercise has not become part of your lifestyle change at this point. I feel fantastic now...and my family is amazed at the change in my "gait" since the physical therapy routine began. I was worried I needed a knee and a hip replacement...! NO WAY!! I can giddy-up through the airport with no pain in those areas and keep up with (maybe even beat) anyone from the gate down to baggage now! My PCP ordered the PT eval and she had it pegged right that I'd benefit from targeted core strengthening to complement what I was doing on my own.

Last edited by 65X65; 01-05-2014 at 06:52 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #4  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I agree! When I lost my first 15lbs I went to the chiropractor for an adjustment because EVERYTHING ached. My gait was completely off. Your back will ache as you stand taller and carry yourself differently. All good though.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote