Old 01-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly points woes

I went over my daily points today by two points.... This is the first time I touch my weekly points (I've only been doing the program since Wednesday) . I feel so guilty and even though I know weekly points are there to use, I still feel scared that it's going to mess with my weight loss
Jeanine228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hey Jeanine-I wouldn't stress it. You're right-your weekly points are there for a reason. Plus, two points isn't a lot. Just keep going and it will work out!
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I find that if I plan ahead for the day, keeping everything I plan to do into considerate and the track all the points, it makes it that much easier to keep within points value. s
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:45 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

WW lifetime, maintainer here. The weekly's are there to use. No need to feel guilty. It's part of the beauty of the program!

Besides, guilt is a waste of time and energy.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

Weekly points are there because WW assumes quite reasonably that most people don't eat the same number of calories every day. The WW program is meant to be a permanent change in how you eat. Real people eating in a realistic fashion will eat different amounts or types of food on different days. I can go out to a restaurant and eat a meal for less than 500 calories - I do this quite often at some restaurants. But, I don't always do that. Sometimes, I might eat a higher calorie food or I might have dessert. On another day, I just might be hungrier.

Weight Watchers realizes that so it sets a base amount that is the minimum that you should be eating each day. The weekly points are there as a guide to what the maximum is you should eat each week. WW assumes in its program that people are eating all of their weekly points. You don't have to eat them. I typically don't eat all of mine. But, I eat all of mine that I want to eat in a given week. If I'm hungry, then I feel free to eat weekly points. If I'm not hungry, then I don't have to eat them.

There may be some people that can go a lifetime eating the same calories every day and who never have a day where they want to eat more. My fear, though, is that most people can't realistically sustain that kind of the eating for a lifetime.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote