General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #1  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Default Weight Loss Calendar 2014

Ok, I'm doing something I've never done before, and that's to get Maria Kang's calendar.

She's famous for this picture for those who don't know:

http://www.mariakang.com/wp-content/...our-Excuse.jpg

Anyway, if anyone is interested, just go to her website, www.mariakang.com and you'll see her calendars for sale on there. (I'm not affiliated with her or her website. Just posting the website for those who might be interested in checking out what this calendar is about)

I decided that I really needed to make a change this year, but I didn't want to buy posters or whatnot that just didn't inspire me overly much, no matter how "inspirational" they may be to others. Besides, I've seen enough of these around in offices lately, and I'm so over them. You get tired of walking past the same posters everyday....

This calendar of hers seem to be honestly showing real women with real life bodies. I'm going to try to use this calendar as one of my motivation points and for my goal list. I've decided to write down a list of everything that I wanted to accomplish THIS year. For instance, I need new pair of glasses, replace a part on my hearing aid, etc etc. Just things that I've been meaning to do, but never quite get around towards doing for one reason or another.

Then, do each one for each paycheck that I get. I may not be able to get all of my goals done, but I need something visual so that I have something to work towards.

Hope this helps someone!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

I remember seeing that picture on the internet. Where are you hanging the calendar? In your room? Kitchen?

And I like your idea of listing your goals and rewards. Funny how we reward ourselves with things we really do 'need'. Why don't we deserve it, just because?! (I'm guilty for this)

Staying motivated is tough! I was thinking about ordering a fitness/yoga magazine subscription. Maybe that would keep me exercising--that's my downfall at the moment.

Good luck on your journey to that rock hard body!
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #3  
Wild Angels

I haven't decided yet, but I'll probably have it up behind the computer along with my goal list that I can check off every so often.

I know, it's weird how my list is all of the things I "need" rather than "want". But I do have two things on it that I "want"....saving up money for a complete bedroom set, and buying the purple chair with ottoman to complete my living room set before it gets discontinued. (I've been buying my living room set in pieces as I can afford them, but I don't recommend this approach as you run the risk of the store discontinuing the set. Lucky for me, they're still selling the set I love so I gotta finish it soon)

I figure by doing it this way, and combining my exercises/diet along with the goals that I can use it to motivate myself more this way.

I've tried the videos, magazines, etc, but none of it is really working for me right now. So we shall see how this one goes...LOL
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I'll hold my tongue regarding my opinion on her. But I'll politely say I'd rather not give my money to her.

I'd rather buy something like this, for example:
http://tryabouttime.com/shop/2014-in...ness-calendar/
Where the proceeds go to charity.

I don't begrudge anyone who wants to buy Maria's calendar for help in their fitness journey -- it's just not for me. Good luck with your goals!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I hate to get all preachy, but I saw an interview with her in debate with an overweight woman and I can easily say that I would not promote or buy any of her products. Her opinion of obese people is so disgusting and I find the "what's your excuse ad" to be so insulting to women and mothers that I don't even know where to begin. Surely, you cannot send money to a woman who thinks so poorly of YOU.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #6  
Wild Angels

I don't know...from what I've read on her website, she seems to be largely misunderstood. If I catch her on tv, I'll try to watch her interviews. For now, I'm just using the calendar as a way to motivate myself. You got to give the woman credit for trying at least...