View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #8
Robsia
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Day 3: With Glucomannan

Weight loss: 3.4 lb!!

That's another 1.6 lb gone overnight!! Water? Possibly. Coincidence? Possibly. But I don't care - I'm happy! It'll probably stay the same for a week now and depress me.

Calories: 1294.
Friday night is pizza night in our house. Pre-weight loss I would normally have half a large pizza (900 cals) plus garlic dough balls (600 cals). Yeah, I know - that's why i was overweight. We still had pizza tonight but this time I only had 1/3 of a large pizza, which is only 600 cals. I took my glucomannan an hour beforehand. When I had finished my two slices, which I enjoyed, I sat and watched everyone else finishing off theirs and I must confess, I could have eaten another slice. But it's hard to distinguish between wanting food because you're hungry, and wanting food just because it tastes nice. I didn't feel hungry., In fact, I didn't really feel hungry even before I had it. but isn't that the problem with us chubbies? We eat even when we don't feel hungry. That's the habit we have to break. If I was really determined to overeat, I don't think the glucomannan would make any difference at all.

My daughter left a slice of her pizza, and I didn't eat it - I put it in the bin and put washing up liquid on it.

So, for the rest of the evening I was curious to see how I would feel. I had a vague urge to snack, but again that's just the habit, like when smokers feel the need for something in their hands. But, most importantly, no growly tummy!! And I was particularly watching out for that.

Exercise: 4.25 miles
Did 2.39 miles walking the dog, but I didn't do the C25K week this time. Partly because I didn't have time and partly because I had a busy day today and I knew I'd be doing a lot of walking anyway. I went grocery shopping and to a couple of other shops and did a pile of ironing which involves stepping from the board to the individual piles, to the pile to be ironing, over and over again. I watched my Star Trek during that instead. Pedometer says I still managed 11,000 steps, which is still over my target of 10K so I am happy.

superchick36 - I haven't noticed any bloating yet. I did feel a bit porky after tea, but the jeans I was wearing were new in the sale and were a bit tight when I bought them, and still are a bit tight so I put it down to that. But it's early days yet - I'll keep an eye out for any bloating.

"Look at these people who run marathons. What makes them different to you?...
They have the same bones and muscles as you, the same sinews and organs...
you can do anything you want to, be anything you want to.
The only thing stopping you is you!

~ Money Can't Buy Me Love, by Julie Reilly
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote