View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
Robsia
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

It's come it's come!!

I wasn't sure how to take it. On the packet it said to mix with food and take three times a day, but on the website I bought it from, it says to take it with plenty of water to ensure it reaches the stomach. So I suppose to follow both directions you'd mix it with food and drink plenty of water on the side.

Also on the internet I have read to make it up into a drink and drink an hour before eating.

Well, I had literally just finished lunch - a nice healthy salad - when the packet came. I think the point of eating it with or before food is so you feel full and don't eat so much. But as my salad was carefully weighed out and I ate it all, I figured if I take it now, it will fill me up so I don't feel like snacking during the afternoon.

So I made up a glass of peach squash with water and sprinkled it in.

I'm not sure "water-soluble" is correct. It all kind of collected in the bottom in a gooey mess rather than mixing evenly with the water. It certainly absorbed the water but some of it stuck to the sides and bottom so when I had finished it I had to swish more water round in the glass and drink that to get as much of it as I could.

I'll have to experiment how best to take it.

I am very excited. I'm fine with weighing out and calorie counting my meals. I don't struggle with that at all. What I struggle with is snacking and feeling hungry between meals and in the evening. So if I can feel comfortably full on my normal meals, or even make my normal meals a little less without suffering, then this should be a breeze.

"Look at these people who run marathons. What makes them different to you?...
They have the same bones and muscles as you, the same sinews and organs...
you can do anything you want to, be anything you want to.
The only thing stopping you is you!

~ Money Can't Buy Me Love, by Julie Reilly
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote