View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #86
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmuse View Post
That's the way I feel. Today is Day 2 for me. Due to product availability, etc, I went in for a weigh-in today. Much to my surprise, after 1.5 days on IP, I'd lost over 6 pounds... and 4+ were FAT!
I don't know how that happened, but I'm thrilled!

Even my coach seemed really surprised.

I realize this was unusual success this week, and that weight loss won't continue at this pace (most likely, but I can hope!), so I'm nervous about what might happen or not happen.

I'm a 56-year-old woman in Texas. I'm in good health, no problems, thank goodness. I'm heavier than I've ever been. Well, as of today, I'm not!

I've tried many diets. I guess they all worked to some degree, but not completely.

So, here I am at Ideal Protein, after a friend has lost 80 pounds in 6 months, without hunger.

Yesterday and last night, I had fatigue and intermittent chills. Today, just a bit earlier in the day. Tonight I seemed quite energetic.

If there's anything you wish you'd known in the beginning, what would it be?
What's the most frequently made newbie mistake?
Any tips for success?

Thanks for all of your sharing!
Welcome redmuse - glad you found us! Congrats on your big first few days - that's awesome!

The fatigue and chills are totally normal the first few days while your body adjusts although it sounds like you had been eating fairly low carb before IP and that might make things easier on you.

Best tip I can give you is to plan and prepare ahead: set up your menus in advance, cut up your veggies for the week ahead of time, have extra packets in your purse, car, etc. in case you get stuck (hey, life happens!). So much easier to stay IP if you are thinking ahead.

And read through all the stickies posted in the first post of the daily chat - lots of really good information and recipes in there. I've bookmarked most all the ones I keep going back to.

This is a great site to get support on - lots of very knowledgeable people.

Sounds like you have a great mindset and will do spectacularly!

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn