Old 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Women on WEED New Year Challnge!

Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Here We go!

New Year Challenge!!!! My name is Jeni. Almost 37, two amazing kiddos Mak (DD 10) and Tommy (DS 8), and (DH) Will. A few years ago I was really close to my goal weight, but an on the job injury followed by a series of unfortunate events led to me gaining almost 50 pounds back! I recommitted myself to losing the weight again July 22 (my official W/I date is the 22) I was doing great with working out and food consumption, but I lost the edge on my workouts with the holidays so I am focusing back on my workouts!

I am a wanna be runner. I run, but I am slow. My plan is to work on my distance first then speed second. I am starting at the beginning again but my goal is 6.25 miles I would love to be able to do it in an hour, but my knees and feet will probably never allow that. My last time was 87 minutes (that was a couple of months ago.

As far as being close to my "goal", I realized that my goal weight was not sustainable for me. at 136 (goal 130) I was working out almost 3 hours a day, eating 1200 cals. So I am testing my ground right now with a good, sustainable weight goal. In July it was my goal to reach 150 by March. (for my dear friends it is my Disneyland Month!) I reached that goal in October/November. I have gained 1.6 pounds through the holiday season but it will come off with my plan! But I do know that 150 is a realistic weight for me. I have basically maintained this weight with little to no exercise for 3 months. Now, I am reaching for 140 by March 8 (Disneyland trip) I am not going to go crazy with my workouts, but I will follow my plan and see where it takes me.

My plan?
W~ no less than 64 oz per day!
E~ Run/walk 20 minutes on work days, cardio for 60 minutes on days off plus at least 15 minutes of light weights. If I am not hitting weights at the gym I will do squats/pushups/lunges/sit-ups at home for 15 minutes.
E~ Keep Calories at or under 1350. No carbs at night. Cut back on wine absolutely none on work days/nights.
D~ continue to build back my self esteem. check in here every day, even if it is just a quick one.

today:
W 96 oz
E 1 hour cardio, 15 minute home weights
E 1350 cals
D clean up after Christmas!!! Enjoy being with my kids. Maybe make it to the steam room tonight after dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MM~ your plan for tonight sounds great!

I am going to bed early. Yep I work tomorrow (4am-4pm) so no fun for me tonight. Dinner? Chicken and Broccoli or maybe Taco salad?

Last edited by jcatron243; 12-31-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Glad to see this thread is still going strong - saw some familiar faces on the previous thread (Hi Mindy, Mavis, Nixmom, Jeni). The last time I was on this site was April so its been quite a while.

My name is Emily, soon to be 34 in a few days. I have three kids Connor(7), Desmond (almost 5) and Darcy (2.5). I work full time outside of the house and my hubs works and travels quite a bit. With my first two kids I kept about 15 lbs each on my frame, after Darcy I kept another 20, but then somehow managed to gain another 15 lbs postpartum. So since we can't technically call it baby weight anymore it's gotta go. I don't have a goal weight yet, seems that my pre-children weight may be inappropriate at this point in my life but we shall see. For now my goal is to get into the 170s (I'm currently about 193 I think).
Glad to be back - hope you're all doing great.

My Plan:

Water - 100 oz
E - Fit it in where I can, walking the dog, running at lunch, the only time I can get to the gym is at 5 am - it may come to that
E - Calorie counting and lower carb (about 100 g/day)
D - Time to de-clutter and de-stress (those things come hand in hand for me!), get my house back to normal after the holidays.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:45 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Happy New Year!

Hi Emily! I can't believe Darcy is 2.5! Your kids are getting so big!

So yesterdays update:

W: 100 oz!
E: 4.25 miles (65 minutes) 5 minute strength training. Need to do better on strength, no excuses!
E: 2084 cals TERRIBLE! I was good up until the doritos and 7 layer bean dip came out! Plus DH and I shared a piece of german chocolate cake!
D: Got my house organized. CHECK! Enjoyed my kiddos? Mostly, but they were battling on the xbox in between cleaning their rooms. No steam room. I could have, but didn't.

Today is a work day:
W: 64 oz take my water bottle into the plant this time!
E: 20 minute walk/run after work. I am going to give in on this one, I didn't get much sleep so I may only walk. Try out my new workout app!
E: 1350 cals. No problem today!
D: Happy new year! My resolution is to Let it go. It is in the past. We have moved forward into a new year. I am responsible for making this year great for myself. I control my actions/reactions to any situation. I am going to improve my self worth. How? By knowing that I will be strong, knowing I am perfect just the way I am, and knowing who I am.

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-01-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Good morning to all!

Emily, wow, that was fast wasn't it? I am with Jeni, can't believe the kids are that big already.

Jeni, Thank you for the new board!! I love,love that D!

I'm Mavis I'm 47, I work two full time jobs (by choice or what passes for choice) I am married to a great guy who drives me insane only part of the time, my beautiful man children are mostly grown. 26 & 23, my FIL is 91 and then a dog and an ancient bird round out the circus of my life.

I have been on the weight roller coaster since junior high. I know I can be thin, because I got there twice but I am currently far over where I want to be. I was back into the 140's about 2 years back and then hysterectomy became necessary and menopause has thrown me into a tailspin.

I adore this board for the support of the women on it. But I need to spend far more of 2014 on the treadmill and far less on the computer.

I weighed in at 164.6 this AM and I am not sure what my goal is, but I am looking to move the first 10 by Valentine's Day! I felt decent in the low 140's, so would love to be there for summer and see where it goes from there.

W 100
E today, treadmill and I found a new Squat and push up boot camp challenge that is my January 30 day challenge (going to do a new 30 days challenge every month this year. I also need to get back into a gym, will work on that Friday as I am going to join near work)
E POP today, been saving recipes on Pintrest. Low carb works for me and I am going back there.
D Tackling one project every day because like Darcy, clutter compounds my stress! Today, it's my kitchen as that is where you enter the house. Also have to show a house at 1, so lots to do today!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-01-2014 at 08:36 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #6  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy New Year Weedies!

Mavie, Mindy, Jen and Emily

I woke up feeling pumped this morning. I love you ladies, and can't wait to triumph into healthy with you all this year!

My name is Kris. I'm 42, married to my best friend (who also only drives me nuts part of the time Mavie) and together we have 24YO Son, 14 YO daughter, 12 YO son and 9YO son. Our house is pretty full.

I work as the Director of the Public Works Department in my home town. It's grueling, stressful, and so rewarding to live and work where I get to make a difference. In the past it has not left me much time for me, but I have slowly come to realize I control that. This year my goal is to find balance, because in 2013 I found 19 lbs.

I think I started on 3FC around 185lbs. I weighed in at 225.2 this morning. HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER. I have too much life left to be burdened with these extra pounds. My goals is to ditch 6lbs a month and hit the 150's by December 2014.

All you girls here inspire me to live better. Your 5ks. Your grandbabies. Your strong hearts. Your ability to see beauty in life's challenges (I said see them, not LIKE them) . My other goal is to get here on a REGULAR BASIS and learn and really encourage you and myself . No more letting life take over and place myself second (or 3rd or 5th)

I am with Emily on the exercise thing. Fit it in, find a way, and it if it means the dreaded 5am gym run, then that is what it means.

I am taking before pics today like I do every year. I am going to strap the bodymedia fit on, and I am going to refresh my MFP account.

Wishing you all so many blessing this year! Lets go after it ladies!

WEED goals generally for the year.
W - 1/2 my weight in oz daily (ex: 225/2 = 112.5 oz)
E - Walk the dogs daily, get through Jillian Michaels 90 day Revolution, Run a 5K
E - Log it DAILY. Plan each week ahead, cook and package it.
D - Love myself enough to say no to overeating, to overworking, and practice living in today - not yesterday or tomorrow.

Looking forward to continuing to build friendships here. Lean and mean in 2014 chicks!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #7  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Happy New Year Ladies!!

I am 36 years old and a mother of 5. I am a stay at home Mom. I am currently home schooling 2 of the 5 kiddos. The other 3 have decided to go to public school. I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. The closest Walmart is an hour away, if the roads are good. I do not have the ability to go to any work out center or gym. I have been trying to exercise at home but it is hard to stay motivated.
I have lost 26 lbs since OCT. I still need to lose 28 more. I went off of my eating plan for a week at Christmas. I gained 2 pounds back. I would like to be at goal in 3 months.

W: still trying to drink at least 64oz a day
E: Do at least 30 mins a day.
E: Stay on Plan
D: Stay positive!!
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:44 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning Ladies!

MM~I need to look at low carb stuff on pinetrest. I run out of good dinner options!

Kris~ Love that you are pumped up! I keep going back to my phone and seeing if I have a good pic from July, but I don't do body shots! Finding Balance, is very important. I have to do that too!

Aschooley~ It's good to see you back!

WELLLLLL<
Yesterday. Was pretty much a tough day. Tommy got sick. I hate working when my babies are sick. Luckily Will was home with them. Work sucked. I asked for something in writing before I did it,or I wanted the message directly from my supervisor. and boy did my supervisor not like that. But I got what I wanted and a 30 minute lecture on how he is god, do what he says yada yada. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was 30 minutes.

So Yesterday
W~48 oz. I took my water bottle in, but I missed a couple of breaks
E~I didn't get any treadmill time in, but I did try my new app and loved the free version so much that I bought the paid version! gonna do it again soon!
E~I did well here 1297!
D~ I thought a lot about my resolution yesterday.

Todays goals!!!
W~64 oz
E~20 minutes on the treadmill 5 minute ab workout
E~1350, no carbs tonight.
D~Make it through 12 hours without exploding!! then I am off for 4 wonderful days!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #9  

Morning all. Let's stay on track for our goals today.

I also got back to my MFP account yesterday. Takes me a bit to to use it and I forgot to put my exercise in too. Ah well, as I use it, I should get it all sorted out.

We are supposed to get another 8-15 inches of snow today. Not sure I am all that happy about that, but it's been really icy since the last storm, so snow will help that. I am thinking that Saturday I am going to take my snowshoes for a walk.

I have decided on a gym. I am going with the Y. Unfortunately, they are higher priced than the others in the area, but they also offer more and they are right on my route to and from work, so I will not have any excuses. I have to drive by anyway. Emily & Kris, we can think of each other at 5 am. Ugh, but I am also thinking that may be my best option!

Aschooley, welcome back!

Jeni, we were posting at the same time. Hope Tommy feels better. PM me if you want and I'll give you my pinterest info so you can check out the recipes I've gathered so far. Made jalapeno popper chicken last night. Very good!

W 100 oz
E Day 2 of squat/pushup challenge, 3 dreadmill miles (try to remember pedometer too) (back to say sq/pu challenge done, also did day 1 of sit up/plank challenge and ran 2.25 so far, gotta hop in the shower, unfortunately, off today to go to my friend's Dad's funeral.
E POP
D Live the life you've imagined.

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-02-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well her is Mindy checking in for the New Year. I am 53 and married.I teach 4th grade in a challenging school. I have 2 kids, he has 2 kids. His son got married in 2013 and they just had a baby boy Dec. 29. He is a sweetheart. We have a house full of animals, 3 dogs, two kitties and then the barn cat, a horse and some chickens. Keeps us busy.

We survived the ice storm and 5 days with no power. Boy the things we take for granted. It is great to have those modern convienences back again. I got a fit Bit for Christmas and am learning how to use it. I have made some adjustments since I was gaining weight on the original settings.

I will have to find you all on Pinterest..I am a huge pinner. So much good stuff out there.I don't usually type in all the WEED stuff, but my goals are to drink more water, exercise regularly, eat what the program tells me to do and lose some weight. 150 is my goal and I am 185.8 today.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning chicks!

Aschooley! Mindy! Good on ya for gettin here!

Ashooley - the 5 kid thing still blows me away. You are amazing. The older I get the less patience I have. You are blessed!

Mavie - I just followed you! On pinterest (not literally!) Excited to share recipes!

Mindy - You just reminded me to plug in the body media. CRAP! Hope your fit bit tweak is just what you need to get the 170's you have been working so hard for!

Jen - Awesome on hitting your calorie goal! Hoping Tommy feels better soon. Maybe this could be the ONLY sick he gets this year! Get it over and done!

I just got in my 1st dog walk and first 100 situps of the year Rawly is a beast to walk. He does fine by himself, but when I take the other dog, he wants to be where she is. She does fantastic. He is still a puppy. A friggen overgrown puppy. We did the doggie DNA thing on both for giggles. Rawly - who we were told was Mastiff/Weimaraner mix, is actually an American Staffordhire Terrier/Mastiff/Vizsla mix. Yes, essentially a pit mastiff mix. Oye. Derby - who were were told by shelter was lab/pit mix is actually Lab/Border Collie mix. Either way both are dead asleep right now which makes them perfect. AND the house is empty and I have the day off! Gonna be a good regroup day.

Sidebar - Richard Simmons on the morning news says quit whining about your weight and do something. "Whiners get big behinders". LOVE IT!

Yesterday not great food wise. LOTS of walking and a goodly amount of water

Check in later with full day WEED report!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #12  

Jeni, what's the new app you liked enough to buy?

Kris, glad you found me on Pinterest, I just did the same! I want that puppy, he is so cute!

Mindy, a grandbaby? That's awesome! 5 days with no power, ugh! Did you have a generator? We had 3 after hurricane Irene, but we had a generator, so we could run some stuff.

Back to work today, but only for the day! Stopping at the Y on my way in and signing up and then meeting my friend after work to get back at it. (definitely taking 20 minutes in the sauna too!)

W 100
E Squat push up and ab challenges this am. New cardio this afternoon? Maybe a bike? Weight circuit at the gym
E POP
D Remember how blessed you really are.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

MM~ I'm still working on learning how to use Pinterest. My user name is (surprise) jcatron243. But I did see that recipe. AND I talked my husband into trying the zucchini Lasagna. I love the group exercise programs at my Y, but I haven't got back to them yet. The App I bought (I tunes) is just called Workouts. It has workouts for different areas (abs, arms, butt, legs, cardio, or full) the paid version has 5 different workouts for each area. You have the option for 5, 8, or 10 minutes. Its like a workout video, there is a woman who is demonstrating the moves and tells you what to do next and when (plus it gives a written explanation). My favorite part is that I can have my music going and the women talks over it when it is time to switch.

Mindy~ Glad you made it through the storm! I would love to see how your fit bit thing works out for you!

Kris~ My friend did the doggie DNA thing too, she thought is as a great thing to know. 100 Situps. OUCH!

Tommy is feeling better, thanks.

Yesterday's WEED was in the bag (until the second glass of wine ) then I came in just over my 1350. I did get in my run and water though!!

W 96 oz
E 60 minute cardio 15 minute strenght/stretching
E 1350 cals.
DFollow work eating schedule the best I can, take down my tree (I've been working and didn't get a chance yet), catch up on the laundry, again

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-03-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

Happy Friday.

Day two dog walk done and both dead asleep, AGAIN! Gonna take advantage of it and get some cleaning done while they are not on my arse.

Mavie! I want to snow shoe but have never been anywhere where the snow is think enough or sticks enough to do it. I guess I will live vicariously through you!

Jen - Had disneyland in my head on my walk this morning. The Cars land or town or what ever they call it is awesome. If you haven't been on the ride, make sure you make it there. Kids will love it.

I have a favorite quinoa salad that my hubby LOVES! This was rather shocking to me as he is a total meat and taters guy. He actually requests it now, and takes it for lunch. Maybe we could do a group board where we WEEDERS share low cal recipes? I think there's a way to start a board and then invite pinners. I can try to hook it up if anyone is interested.

WEED fell pretty short yesterday other than exercise. I didn't hit the water mark, missed the calories by a mile, but did let myself do or not do whatever I wanted. Strolled through some stores and just kinda piddled the day away. It was nice.

Today though....
W - 100oz
E - Done! Dogs walked 1.5 miles
E - Logged so far.
D - Read my daily scripture and remember where the blessing come from.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #15  

Kris, we have a sh^t ton of snow, approx another foot Thursday into early this morning, but they are talking windchills of -20 tomorrow, so it may be Sunday for snowshoes! Come to NY, I'd love a friend to go with! Just me and the puppy this weekend!

I love the idea of a WEED board on Pintrest! Jeni, I'll look for you! ( I think I just found and followed you!)
I got to the Y today, my friend stood me up, she had to run an errand, but I went anyway!
4 miles on the bike and 1.6 on the dreadmill
I signed up for a cycling class on Tuesdays at 6:30 AM. Gotta do what I gotta do!

On a happy note, came home tonight to my Victoria's Secret order! 2 new sports bras (love love theirs) If your girls are on the large side, their maximum support sports bras are the BOMB! 2 new pairs of yoga pants and I am in heaven!

Got all my exercise in, gotta log the rest of my food!
PS Jeni, I am having 1/2 a glass of wine
Kris, you need days like that!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.