View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 02:49 AM   #11
EagleRiverDee
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Diana- P90X3 is considerably different than P90X. P90X is about an hour a day, but pretty much traditional workouts. Standard weight lifting routines, standard cardio, and a yoga day. P90X3 the workouts are 30 minutes from start to stop. I expected them just to be a more intense version of P90X but they aren't really. Every workout is more synergistic- you're using more body parts, more core. For example, you might stand on one leg, do a bicep curl, then bend forward into yoga's Warrior 3 pose and then do a back fly all with weights. Or in a cardio routine, you'll be bouncing between chair pose and crescent pose but with a weight over your head and quickly enough that you're out of breath. They added MMX instead of Kenpo for one cardio workout, and they added in pilates, plus there is still a yoga routine but more intense. I like it, but it's definitely different!

Today's workout was P90X3 CVX which is a combination cardio routine done with weights to make it more intense. And I also went for a 1-3/4 mile walk with my DH and our dog.

"A mistake is not failure but feedback. -Rod Gilbert"
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote