Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

Hello fellow Canucks! I think the other thread is at it's maximum number of posts so I decided to start a new one.

So - who is already planning their Thanksgiving meal? Anyone have any recipes to share?

I'm hosting it this year so I'll be able to control what's made. I'm already planning to do some mashed cauliflower for me (and others, if they want it) and steamed veggies to go with the turkey, yum!

Jo
Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #2  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I've also been thinking about Thanksgiving. I think I will try anIP version of green bean casserole, turkey, cauliflower mash, and of course some regular staples for everyone else. My family however, is getting hooked on my IP recipes. I love IP.

Oh yea, I think I will do some sort of pumpkin flavoured pudding invention!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #3  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Thanks for keeping the thread going, I find the alternative suggestions very helpful since I switched.. I haven't even thought of Thanksgiving yet.. I guess I will make the usual turkey dinner but just make sure the veggies are ones i have
Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #4  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

I've been thinking about thanksgiving. We are going to NB to visit dh's family for thanksgiving and don't arrive until the day of the dinner so it's going to be hard for me to make any IP recipes. DH's sister is a health nut so I could probably ask her to make a couple of IP compliant recipes and she would be all over that.

To resist turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy will be the ultimate test for me!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning!!!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, not for religious reasons, we just never have, so it will be a 'normal' day for me Well, it will be a long weekend so that's a bonus.

I just recently got a library card from the local library. I've borrowed the book 'mindless eating'. I haven't started it yet, but I plan to this evening, I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for good reads that helped you deal with food, etc...
Thanks
Old 09-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

I believe that thanksgiving is much easier to work IP around than any other holiday. We can eat turkey by choosing the leanest part, we can substitute the mashed potato with mashed rutabaga or mashed cauliflower, we can have steamed veggies and for the wine, Mio does the trick, I used to pour mine is a wine glass and enjoy it thouroughly!

Good luck everyone.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

Default Cheesecake made out of alternatives

Hello again everyone,

I HAD to share my "cheesecake" recipe that I just made now using my alternative products.

For the base I used Smaps cereals which I bought from The Low Carb Grocery, I put half a cup in my nutribullet and crushed them until they became like crumbs, you can use any food processor for this purpose. I added 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the cereals and mixed well.

To mimic the cheesecake taste, I used one scoop of vanilla whey protein, I added 1 tablespoon of Santoro Parmesan cheese alternative, one teaspoon of xanthan gum and one teaspon guar gum, I mixed one cup of water with 1 tablespoon of gelatin, then I added the water and gelatin to the dry ingredients, I mixed everything in my nutribullet (again, you can mix it in any food processor).

I lined a muffin pan with cupcakes liners, then I pressed the cereals mixed with coconut oil on the bottom of the cupcakes liners, I distributed the mixture into 4 cupcakes liners, I pressed them with the back of the spoon, then I filled them with the "cheesecake" mixture.

I put everything in the fridge, and once I saw they were already set, I peeled the cupcake liners and added Walden Farms syrup over them. All in all, I got 4 cheesecake cupcakes, which gives two servings, so I ate two of them and kept two for tomorrow!

To tell you the truth, the taste was not as cheesy as I would have loved it to be, but it was yum! I could have added more cheese alternative, but it has 20 calories per tablespoon, so I did not want to add too much.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #8  
From Canada

S/C/G: 282/195/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello again everyone,

I HAD to share my "cheesecake" recipe that I just made now using my alternative products.

For the base I used Smaps cereals which I bought from The Low Carb Grocery, I put half a cup in my nutribullet and crushed them until they became like crumbs, you can use any food processor for this purpose. I added 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the cereals and mixed well.

To mimic the cheesecake taste, I used one scoop of vanilla whey protein, I added 1 tablespoon of Santoro Parmesan cheese alternative, one teaspoon of xanthan gum and one teaspon guar gum, I mixed one cup of water with 1 tablespoon of gelatin, then I added the water and gelatin to the dry ingredients, I mixed everything in my nutribullet (again, you can mix it in any food processor).

I lined a muffin pan with cupcakes liners, then I pressed the cereals mixed with coconut oil on the bottom of the cupcakes liners, I distributed the mixture into 4 cupcakes liners, I pressed them with the back of the spoon, then I filled them with the "cheesecake" mixture.

I put everything in the fridge, and once I saw they were already set, I peeled the cupcake liners and added Walden Farms syrup over them. All in all, I got 4 cheesecake cupcakes, which gives two servings, so I ate two of them and kept two for tomorrow!

To tell you the truth, the taste was not as cheesy as I would have loved it to be, but it was yum! I could have added more cheese alternative, but it has 20 calories per tablespoon, so I did not want to add too much.

Where did you get the Santoro Parmesan cheese alternative? What store or section would I find it?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #9  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass77 View Post
Where did you get the Santoro Parmesan cheese alternative? What store or section would I find it?

Hi, I always find it at the Dollarama store with the spice section.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #10  
sugar is the devil

It's starting to get chilly here in Calgary. Brrrrrr - did not like waking up for work this morning!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #11  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Pretty chilly and wet in Regina too! I am freezing already. Not sure how I will survive the winter with 34 lbs less of insulation. Lol
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hello fellow Canucks! I think the other thread is at it's maximum number of posts so I decided to start a new one.

So - who is already planning their Thanksgiving meal? Anyone have any recipes to share?

I'm hosting it this year so I'll be able to control what's made. I'm already planning to do some mashed cauliflower for me (and others, if they want it) and steamed veggies to go with the turkey, yum!

Jo
I got put on appy's so will probably make something not IP so everyone can enjoy them - and I will bring an OP salad - just in case the veggies/salads cramp my style
Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Pretty chilly and wet in Regina too! I am freezing already. Not sure how I will survive the winter with 34 lbs less of insulation. Lol
I hear ya - Broke down and turned on the furnace this morning
Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 236.6/218.0/165

Height: 5'7"

I use the Jamieson slimdown bars for lunch each day with a salad. I saw them on sale at the drug store for .99 cents. I was so excited I stocked up and got a whole month's worth of bars for less than $30!!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #15  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBez View Post
I use the Jamieson slimdown bars for lunch each day with a salad. I saw them on sale at the drug store for .99 cents. I was so excited I stocked up and got a whole month's worth of bars for less than $30!!
I love those bars, they are amazing, I alway stock up on them, most of the time Walmart have them on special, the whole box of 12 for $10, when they are on special, I usually get myself two to four boxes, they are yummy.
Closed Thread