View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
onebyone
move

S/C/G: 291/277.1/269

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up boxes, boxes, boxes.

Hello DeClutterers and Organizers-welcome to the 1st challenge of 2014.
I was considering not starting this but here I am, moving stuff around, making headway while making a mess and any progress I have made has been via this board so, here I, and hopefully we, go again.

Today I made leaps forward in several areas: new livingroom seating from Ikea: a chaise lounge! I have wanted this decadent piece of furniture for over a decade. I'm thrilled to finally have one.

I removed a bookcase for donation and replaced it with a pantry with doors. I moved the pantry from the dining room to the back bedroom. great. I needed the space for two new buffets that I need to assemble. Since I can't find any screwdrivers (incredible) I am forced to delay the buffets until I have some.

BUT all the stuff that was piled up is now shoved into new spaces so I have to keep on this until I empty out boxes and actually reduce that pile. The good thing is I have nothing more to sort after this is done. I'm in the final push. It could take the year, but everytime I solve something it's moving me to my end goal: a calm peaceful home full of beautiful inspiring things that can accept visitors without causing me to feel fear, anxiety, embarrasment or shame.

What's your goal? What space would you like to reclaim for yourself?